Archon X1 Programming Thread (questions and experiences)

Well BB has agreed with Pushkar and me so I feel emboldened. This bike is a monster at 1000 watts. So is my Bolton/Frey AM 1000. ( a bit better after the X1 conversion ) The dang things will put the front wheel in the air in Eco 4 if you slip with your thumb on the throttle or jamb down on the pedal ... IN 5th or 6th GEAR! There is no hill they cannot climb ( up to the point where there is no traction for the rear wheel ), People. The Bafang Ultra X1 IS the bike you have been looking for. Truly I do not grasp the whole 2300 watt deal however.

Agreed the bike would do fine at 1000 watts, about what the throttle will do plus pedaling but it would feel suggish after 800 miles of 2300 watts.. I didn’t know the higher power was cadence pas and the lower power is torque pas and the adjustment is like a slider between them for balance of power application. this my 1st bike with any mention of cadence pas.the power delivery feels as the way I would expect after reading about cadence.

I have picked up the front wheel once where I had to let myself fall off of the lawn gently , controlled fall like and have felt like the wheel would get up if I didn’t stop applying power multiple times, not sure but it felt like it :)

Yes. You can fine tune the settings so you get more of a workout.
I take the lazy way out and just drop the whole wattage to 1000W. That’s plenty assist and the default 1000W works for me.
Is there a way for us to drop our wattage with our programming cable? Or do we simply accomplish that by reducing the torque amps which mimics the same thing i.e. if you want level 1 to be 500 watts of power, you'd set the torque amps to about 10. For 750 watts 15, for 1000 watts 20, 1500 watts 30, etc.? In your video you mention the bike will act as if it's a 750W motor when the torque amps are set at 15 and 2300 at 45.

Bingo. BB I think your correct. Motor draws 30amps and full power which is right around 1500w. So 1/2 of that would equate to 15amps. More adjustability with a stock controller than the X1 but not better IMO.

This is how I want to set up my bike eventually after I get it all sorted out. PAS 1 = 500w, PAS 2 = 750w, PAS 3 = 1000w, PAS 4 = 1500w, and PAS 5 = 2300w. I’m hoping I can do this by changing the amps at each PAS level. Once I get around to programming I’ll first make note of the original settings and keep a record of them. Then I’ll start changing the settings.

I think Pushkar sets the controllers up for 10 levels right out of the box. 1-5 is for ECO mode and 6-10 is for the sport. Depending on the display your using like the 750C that I use only has 5 levels of PAS. So I had no need for eco/sport just one was fine for me. I ended up changing the Sensitivity and Motor Torque setting to 10 across levels 1-10.

I think Pushkar sets the controllers up for 10 levels right out of the box. 1-5 is for ECO mode and 6-10 is for the sport. Depending on the display your using like the 750C that I use only has 5 levels of PAS. So I had no need for eco/sport just one was fine for me. I ended up changing the Sensitivity and Motor Torque setting to 10 across levels 1-10.
I have Luna’s version of the Bafang 500C but its set for 5 levels of assist. I can change it to go to a max of 9.

Bingo. BB I think your correct. Motor draws 30amps and full power which is right around 1500w. So 1/2 of that would equate to 15amps. More adjustability with a stock controller than the X1 but not better IMO.
I was just looking at battery info on the WW website and read the following. I guess this means you'd set the amps to the continuous levels indicated below rather than the math I'd done previously in this thread where I simply took the percentage of the 2300 watt / 45 amp to equate to lower wattage based on the video. My math had 750 watts at 15 amps and 1000 watts at 20 amps.

"The Internal battery pack will support the following Archon X1 controller

1. 750W nominal (25A continuous)
  2. 1000W nominal (30A continuous)
  3. 2300W Nominal / 3000W peak (45A continuous /55 A Peak)"

The internal battery pack has a 45a BMS installed so it's sized properly for a 2300w motor. Its overkill for the lesser wattage (750,1000) versions but making just one pack to satisfy all 3 is smart so if you start out with a lower wattage motor and upgrade to a higher wattage version your battery is already sized for it.
I would set your % ratings at 100% maximum current draw of your motor.

I have the 1000w version ( 30a setting ) and like the BBSHD motors these will consistently draw 1500w if needed. So 1500w would be my 100% number and 50% of that would be of course 750w.

If anyone has a computer screenshot of their 2300W X1 factory settings in Eco mode it would be great if you posted it👍.

An extension of Ohms law by Mr. James Watt of Scotland…….

Power = Voltage x Current
Or
Current = Power/Voltage

So 2300/52 => 44.23A….
-BB

I have Innotrace controller X1 with programming cable only one month. Bafang ultra / max 28A according the controller / 52V battery 14S6P= 30Ah-Samsung 50E. My controller was bought with all parameters to 100% (or 10), only sensitivity varied according to the level of assistance, which is a typical setting for about 90% of users (according to Pushkar). But it doesn't suit me - all levels are set to maximum, they differ only in sensitivity. In this setting, even the lowest level of assistance provides too much power (at least 300W-according to the display 850C). I am used to a wider range from about 150W to 1500W in 9 levels at the factory controller for about 2 years. I enclose a table of the current settings with this wider range, as the best setting for me now. Torque and Sensitivity is now OK, maybe Motor torque could be higher.
In my opinion, the percentage increase in power according to the own pressure on the pedal can not be set by only a single parameter, but by a combination of Torque and Sensitivity. I like seeing experience of others with their settings.
Level of assistance
Torque %
Throttle %
Sensitivity Torque
level
Speed Torque
km/h
Speed Throttle
km/h
Motor torque
level
10​
0​
0​
0​
0​
I should correct my statement above regarding the usability of displays with the Innotrace controller. Only DPC-18 with ECO and SPORT mode is fully compatible. The C-965, 850C and 860C displays work, but only to a very limited extent - less power than the set level, the same power at different levels of assistance and at other set values on these degrees !!! That's why I preferred to switch to DPC-18 with ECO and Sport mod. Problem with broken Walk mod. Replaced by setting the throttle to 8% and the throttle speed to 6 km / h. Controlling the WALK with the throttle lever is then better than holding down the control button.

I should correct my statement above regarding the usability of displays with the Innotrace controller. Only DPC-18 with ECO and SPORT mode is fully compatible. The C-965, 850C and 860C displays work, but only to a very limited extent - less power than the set level, the same power at different levels of assistance and at other set values on these degrees !!! That's why I preferred to switch to DPC-18 with ECO and Sport mod. Problem with broken Walk mod. Replaced by setting the throttle to 8% and the throttle speed to 6 km / h. Controlling the WALK with the throttle lever is then better than holding down the control button.
So I have the Bafang Mini 500C display on my bike. The bike runs fine with no issues but your saying I may not be getting the full performance from the controller as it’s not specifically listed as being compatible?

I also have the Archon X1 Innotrace controller installed on my WW supplied Ultra 1000w motor. I have been using the 750C display on all my bikes for 3 or so years and are pretty sure they work fine with the innotrace software. 100% power depending how the controller is set.
Luna Cycles markets the display as well as being originally from Bafang. Cost is about $80.
Didn't care for the way the DPC18 mounted on the bars and the 750C fits pretty stealthily IMO.

Note: You will not have the "Eco" and "Sport" modes pretty sure it is only sport version.

Last edited:
I also have the Archon X1 Innotrace controller installed on my WW supplied Ultra 1000w motor. I have been using the 750C display on all my bikes for 3 or so years and are pretty sure they work fine with the innotrace software. 100% power depending how the controller is set.
Luna Cycles markets the display as well as being originally from Bafang. Cost is about $80.
Didn't care for the way the DPC18 mounted on the bars and the 750C fits pretty stealthily IMO.

Note: You will not have the "Eco" and "Sport" modes pretty sure it is only sport version.
The 500C is pretty much the same way. I’m using the Luna Branded version and it works fine. Just no eco or sport mode like you said.

In the video, @pushkar says at the 5:25 mark that if the programming cable indicator doesn't turn green to ensure that the programming cable is solidly connected and to make sure the battery is on. When I unplug my display to connect my programming cable the display dies. How does one ensure the battery stays on when the display is disconnected? I don't even get the yellow bar, mine simply stays red. I have started and stopped the app as indicated in the video and have also double checked my connections multiple times. This is all I get - the red bar at the bottom which indicates no programming dongle.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

View attachment 91876
Hello, I'm having the same issue here and have had no luck fixing the issue. Although I am getting driver unavailable for my x1 tool...
Perhaps someone could recommend the steps to fixing I would appreciate the help.

Hello, I'm having the same issue here and have had no luck fixing the issue. Although I am getting driver unavailable for my x1 tool...
Perhaps someone could recommend the steps to fixing I would appreciate the help.
If you plug in your cable and hook it to your bike so that it knows it's connected to something, open device manager on your computer and find it and update your driver. I believe I also saw the updated driver available for download on the Innotrace website at one time, but it's all in German and you have to translate the page.

Thanks
If you plug in your cable and hook it to your bike so that it knows it's connected to something, open device manager on your computer and find it and update your driver. I believe I also saw the updated driver available for download on the Innotrace website at one time, but it's all in German and you have to translate the page.
Good to go.... finally... thanks again for the info

Sorry, I'm experiencing the same issue (no dongle connected error) and I'm not sure how to update the driver. Pushkar has mentioned this on past threads and I see it here as well but no dice. I've re-run the install and nothing. I've found the device in device manager and updating the driver does nothing...a driver can't be found. Is there a driver file somewhere that perhaps I didn't get in my download link? Thanks for the help.

Never mind...I found the site and the files - https://innotrace-shop.de/support/

Last edited:
Back