Anyone using a CO2 tire pump

Bikepsycho49

I’m thinking about getting a CO2 tire pump, but with the bigger size ebike tires I’m wondering if the CO cartridge would inflate the tire to proper psi. I have an Allant +7 s. Thanks

CO² cartridges come in different sizes. This chart show approximate inflation levels with various cartridges:
17824_MSW_Inflator_Chart_VF.pdf

Last edited:
I’m thinking about getting a CO2 tire pump, but with the bigger size ebike tires I’m wondering if the CO cartridge would inflate the tire to proper psi. I have an Allant +7 s. Thanks

are you looking to use a C02 can after fixing a flat? if so i use the c02 to get majority of the air into the tire i think a 20 gram cartridge can fill 30 ish PSI and i use the hand pump to top it off to my desired PSI

I carry a CO2 inflator and a spare tube to get back on the trail ASAP. I also carry a mini-pump and a patch kit 'cause stuff happens.

I use 16g CO2 cartridges because they're cheaper; ~$1 ea in a box of 20 which I share with my sons. It takes ~1-1/2 16g cartridges to fill my 47-622 tires to ~50psi. This only works if you have an inflator head with a shut-off valve. Otherwise I'd need a 25g cartridge for a fill.

BTW - Bicycle tubes don't hold pressure long when filled with CO2. I need to fill mine the next morning after a field repair.

Thanks for the replies. I’m curious as to which CO2 inflaters does everyone use?
I have 2; 1 for the ebike and 1 for the mech. Always in their respective bike bags.

#1 is a PDW Shiny Object inflator. I've had this one for sometime now. Very good quality. I like the leather cartridge sleeve. It has gotten a bit pricey though.

#2 is a more or less generic brand, BriskMore. I bought this one ~16 months ago after I got the new ebike. It's working fine. It was ~1/2 the price of a 2nd PDW inflator. I don't expect the foam cartridge sleeve to last too many years, but you can buy replacements.

Both have shut off valves. Neither leaks with a partial cartridge left in place.

BTW - the BriskMore link also has an inflation chart showing tire vs cartridge size.

Thanks for the replies. I’m curious as to which CO2 inflaters does everyone use?

I use a Bontrager C02/mini pump combo (carry 1 tool vs 2). it fits threaded C02 cartridges and once the C02 runs out, I pump it a about 10-15 times to get home or to a bike shop and use the floor pump to make sure i am at a adequate PSI.

I also carry a BriskMore Co2 inflator and a mini pump. It sometimes takes more than one 16 gram cartridge to fill a large tire. I usually carry 5 in my kit. The BriskMore also holds unused Co2 without leaking so none is wasted.

Back