Anyone Use a 26x4.9 on Radrover

Shawnski

just got a new tire on my Rover from LBS and want to see if anyone else has used this size and what was the experience..
Thank yiu.

I had a Rover for a year, and then upgraded to a Biktrix Juggernaut that came with 4.8" tires. I think these wider tires are a little quieter, and offer a much smoother ride. More important, the wider tires don't "self-steer" as much as the Rover tires did. Our streets are crowned quite a bit, and on the slope, the Rover's tire would want to turn into the slope enough that you did NOT ever ride "no-hands". In short, I like them ALOT!!

I had a Rover for a year, and then upgraded to a Biktrix Juggernaut that came with 4.8" tires. I think these wider tires are a little quieter, and offer a much smoother ride. More important, the wider tires don't "self-steer" as much as the Rover tires did. Our streets are crowned quite a bit, and on the slope, the Rover's tire would want to turn into the slope enough that you did NOT ever ride "no-hands". In short, I like them ALOT!!
Cool @fillerupmac fill, I was nervous that you couldn't go that big on the rover.... So you liked them....

I've noticed my 26X4 tires ride best at 20-22 PSI on paved roads for speed/range/control. At those pressures, only about 1" to 1 1/4" of the knobbies down the center make contact with the ground and that is where 100% of the wear is located. I still like riding on fat tires because they are soooo comfy over almost any terrain at almost any speed. My 700X40c bike feels like I'm riding on the rims compared to my rover.

You might gain more top end, acceleration, way less tire noise, and range going with something like 26X4 Origin8 Supercell or 26X2.5 Maxxis Hookworm.

I changed out my tires on my Rad Rover to Supercells 26x4. Love how they roll. For me, a major improvement over the original tires.

My first bike last May was a new radrover. I put 4.8 Maxxis minions front and rear. It can handle those but nothing bigger. These measured 4.4” when mounted. Had about 1/8” chain clearance on the inner cog.

Back