Anyone Towing a (Pet) Trailer

Ron from BC

Towing a trailer for pets or kids on a traditional bike is fairly common however I haven't seen much information for doing this on an E bike. I've searched the Pedego forum without any success. At this point I'm limiting the search to Pedego as the plan is to do this with an Interceptor with the rear hub drive.

Thanks in advance

Towing a trailer for pets or kids on a traditional bike is fairly common however I haven't seen much information for doing this on an E bike. I've searched the Pedego forum without any success. At this point I'm limiting the search to Pedego as the plan is to do this with an Interceptor with the rear hub drive.

Thanks in advance
I plan on getting one myself, to Carry my Camping gear or Groceries in it ! ?

I think the challenge you will have is that a lot of the trailer attachment points won't be compatible with the back parts of most Pedego bikes. This is something you might want to talk about with your dealer because they probably have experience with this problem and can recommend a good solution.

Practical Cycles had this example of the kind of adaptation you'll need to make a trailer work (in this case, a Burley Travoy).

Can’t speak to the connections, but I bought a Schwinn trailer. I can’t believe how well that low priced trailer has served me. I just couldn’t see triple the cost for others. That weren’t all that better built. I have a front fork mount setup and can tow a bike behind as well as the pooch. (Pooch passed, but he loved it.) there are some seat post goosenecks.

Back