Anyone figured out a chain ring protection option for pant cuffs?

skinny jeans
so your leg is protected but your crotch gets no circulation ? i don't get how kids can wear those skinny pants . It's like the opposite of the overly big look to way to small look lol .

On the direction of the thread . Pants for golf (which have the newer stretch design . Often have snaps at the cuff. So when the course is wet your pant ends stay dry. Plus they are comfortable and convenient

Tuck them in your sock. I know, I know, it looks goofy. But then again, your riding an ebike, not a sports car. We all probably look goofy to the non-e-bike world.

Tuck them in your sock. I know, I know, it looks goofy. But then again, your riding an ebike, not a sports car. We all probably look goofy to the non-e-bike world.
Ahh, speak for your self, I look good on my ebike ! 😎
On the other hand, I've seen some pretty goofy looking "sports car" drivers.

In California we just wear shorts year-round... problem solved. ;)
28°F a few mornings ago here in Nor Cal, too cool for me to wear shorts! 😎

I wear long pants on all my rides this time of year, often over a thermal base layer, etc. I use velcro ankle straps that have worked well for years to protect my pants legs, though I am careful to fold my pants out and away from the chain ring before attaching the ankle strap.

Remember the old style bikes that had the full chain guard? Too much weight for the racers today I guess.
Didn't have to worry about brushing up against the chain with those. dress-shoes.jpg
I have several grease ruined pants that I only use to ride with, even with the clips...but now I could wear white dress pants if I want.

Remember the old style bikes that had the full chain guard? Too much weight for the racers today I guess.
Didn't have to worry about brushing up against the chain with those.View attachment 77880
I have several grease ruined pants that I only use to ride with, even with the clips...but now I could wear white dress pants if I want.
My bike came with one of those, suitable for a commuter bike. But I have had to deal with chain issues numerous times in my off-road riding, and it made access to the chain overly complicated. Much better with the circular guard I now have installed.

My bike came with one of those, suitable for a commuter bike. But I have had to deal with chain issues numerous times in my off-road riding, and it made access to the chain overly complicated. Much better with the circular guard I now have installed.
Yeah I can see that being an issue. Not to keep tooting my horn, but the tolerance between the guard and the chain is so tight it also serves as a chain stay, like yours.

Yeah, I'm with Sierratim. Double sided stick to itself velcro. Still get gunk on the pants but at least they don't get chewed up. 👍

Yeah, I'm with Sierratim. Double sided stick to itself velcro. Still get gunk on the pants but at least they don't get chewed up. 👍
I could tell you the secret to making this fool proof free "universal" ring guard...but then I'd have to kill you !💪

I had the same issue..ruined several pants even with a cuff clip.
Just finished this DIY mod.
BEFORE
View attachment 77741

AFTER
View attachment 77742
Ten Crypto Credits to the first person who correctly guesses what I used for the chain guard.
Went for the second ride of the season today and boy was it windy, lucky I decided to try out my balaclava and goggles.
Funny thing, I noticed my pants leg cuff slapping against the chain guard, and automatically I moved my leg away from the guard ! When I looked down and saw that the guard was completely protecting my pant cuff from the chain, I realized it's gona take some time before I can relax and stop worrying about my pants getting gunk ed up !
Nothing succeeds like success !

If I cant find my leg band I just tuck my pant leg into my sock, but you need to have real socks on.

Back