Anyone familiar with Alter Ego Electric Bikes?

maceyr67

Hello! I did a search but couldn't find anything. Please move this to the right place if I posted in the wrong forum.

I'm from Canada and have never bought an ebike before but l am checking out this site called Alter Ego Electric Bikes and they seem to have some decent prices. Anyone familiar with them?

Last edited:
Hi! Welcome to the EBR community! I haven't heard of Alter Ego Bikes but maybe somebody can help. I've moved your thread to an area that may be more helpful.

An update. After some research, I went ahead with an ebike from Alter Ego Bikes. I wanted to buy from a Canadian company that was more involved in the bikes than simply a retailer and wanted to avoid buying a cheap ebike that didn't offer much support or warranty. I narrowed it down to few companies but eventually I settled on Alter Ego because they offered most of what I wanted: a foldable, lightweight ebike with the extras at a reasonable price. Plus, they offered support and warranty and had many good reviews . I took advantage of the Garage Sale they offered at the beginning of October after noticing a model that I missed originally when I was doing my research. Originally I was planning to buy from a competitor but they were out of stock and the bike was heavier and I needed to pay extra for the accessories. Either way, I would have been happy with that bike too, I'm sure because the reviews of that bike was also very positive.

I ended up with the emini 250 with 250 Watts, 7.8AH, 7 speed, 5 levels of pedal assist because it's foldable, its weight (18 kg) and the extras it came with: rear cargo tray, front & rear fenders, front and rear LED lights. I believe this model is no longer available but it is what I wanted, a little bit of power in an ebike. I didn't want a powerful ebike that was big and heavy so this was why I bought the emini.

For someone who hasn't bought an ebike before, especially without even trying it, I am very happy with my purchase. The bike seems to be very well made, sturdy with quality components. I simply wanted a folding ebike that offered some pedal assistance when I need it on hills, lightweight enough for me to carry around if I need to and foldable so that it doesn't take up much space. This was exactly what I wanted and I'm very happy with my purchase.

If I am in the market for another ebike, I will definitely get my next one from Alter Ego. They currently still have a few bikes available for their Garage Sale.

Attachments

• emini250.png
    emini250.png
    929.4 KB · Views: 813
Hi maceyr67,
I know this thread is a bit old but I'm just wondering if you still like the bike and the company/customer support.

There's only a few Google reviews but not much out there.

I'm strongly considering them but it's above my budget.

Trying to decide to get the Lectric XP or save up for the alter ego sidekick.

Cheers.

Back