Anyone else's quali dolphin have 85-100 psi printed on rear

Alas @bui3 it's not a misprint. These are not the 20" BMX ramp tires we knew as kids. For comps, the Schwalbe 20 x1.35 ebike tires have a suggested fill of 65-95psi. Use your operational judgement based on the conditions of where you live and ride. I do run mine on the very soft side slightly below suggested guidance.

Note: running too soft, one does risk getting the classic "snakebite" pinch flat if hitting sharp curbs, potholes/sewer indents, roots, or chunky gravel. The higher the psi, the lower the rolling resistance, higher the range, longer the life on the tire, but also harsher the road feel.

For me, I would probably run closer to 75-80psi if my Dolphin had a front air suspension fork to absorb the shocks...I've looked into those options, but haven't pulled the trigger yet on anything as yet - all either too cheap/heavy (alum/steel), for kids, or crazy expensive ($600-860 for one fork), or also crazy expensive ($870).

Last edited:
My concern is dolphin motor has at the back and the seatpost battery close to back tire . I also have rear rack, panier etc so I have feeling that all the weight on rear wheel. Even I put the same amount of pressure both tires, back tire is more low air. I like the high pressure on tires so low rolling resistance.

My concern is dolphin motor has at the back and the seatpost battery close to back tire . I also have rear rack, panier etc so I have feeling that all the weight on rear wheel. Even I put the same amount of pressure both tires, back tire is more low air. I like the high pressure on tires so low rolling resistance.

I haul three pretty-big insulated grocery zipbags in fold-away baskets with no prob (one off camera). Lots of canned goods and bottles too. They're heavy, maybe 40lbs on rear. The front rack is a weird shape too small for the third, but I bungee it on, maybe 15-20lbs. Longer-term I may opt for a different solution up there with a Dahon or Brompton L-shaped pizza rack. The geometry of 20" wheels is mechanically strong and there are heavy-duty spokes. The no-name tires, tubes, and hub/axles being the unknowns...so far so good for me. For comps, the Schwalbe 20" ebike tires are usually recommended fill to 4 bar, which is 58-72psi.

image0-3.jpeg

Back