Anyone bought from superscooterstore.com before?Thinking about buying from them but need more info

TheChosenOne

I want to buy the 2017 E Joe Epik SE from them since they can ship free, no tax and they offer $100 off the MSRP however I wanted to do more research on them but I haven't found anything about them. Seems kinda strange to me that I can't find any reviews on them. I don't want to spend that much money on something then something goes wrong and I'd be screwed. Need to know if they're trustworthy/safe to buy from. They are listed on E Joe's official site as a dealer but I still need more assurances.

@TheChosenOne, be very cautious about this site. Lots of individuals can sign up to be dealers for a manufacturer but not be a legitimate business. According to information from website researching, this site has an IP address associated with a Canadian address but claims to operate in NY. We have occasionally encountered issues with spammers linked to fake ebike sites actually located in China that take your $$ but don't ship anything. If you really want the skinny, call e-Joe, the manufacturer and ask how many orders (if any) have been processed by this site. The Superscooterstore's website doesn't list any address for where they actually operate from, just mentioning that they have warehouses around the US.

If you have some way to visit an actual ebike shop and test ride something, that's best and you'll have a resource for help if you have any issues with your ebike over it's lifetime. Don't let free shipping or no taxes be the only reason to buy there. BTW, some states in the US have laws requiring that internet based companies collect sales tax if an item is sold in their state or shipped to their state, so that no sales tax anywhere statement is another red flag to me. Paying a few dollars more to deal with a known company is much cheaper than buying from a scammer and potentially losing all of your cash!

@TheChosenOne, be very cautious about this site. Lots of individuals can sign up to be dealers for a manufacturer but not be a legitimate business. According to information from website researching, this site has an IP address associated with a Canadian address but claims to operate in NY. We have occasionally encountered issues with spammers linked to fake ebike sites actually located in China that take your $$ but don't ship anything. If you really want the skinny, call e-Joe, the manufacturer and ask how many orders (if any) have been processed by this site. The Superscooterstore's website doesn't list any address for where they actually operate from, just mentioning that they have warehouses around the US.

If you have some way to visit an actual ebike shop and test ride something, that's best and you'll have a resource for help if you have any issues with your ebike over it's lifetime. Don't let free shipping or no taxes be the only reason to buy there. BTW, some states in the US have laws requiring that internet based companies collect sales tax if an item is sold in their state or shipped to their state, so that no sales tax anywhere statement is another red flag to me. Paying a few dollars more to deal with a known company is much cheaper than buying from a scammer and potentially losing all of your cash!

Thanks for telling me this. Looks like it isn't worth risking getting screwed over to save some money. I have thought about buying it online from Electric Bicycle Center from Fullerton and ship it out to Northern California. Looks like they have them in stock. Also looking at a local place but they don't have it until next month. I'll just wait a little longer then make my decision.

I think Ann M. has given you some very sound advice.

However, I bought from Super Scooter Store in May of this year. I was cautious as you are and used paypal. I figured that would afford some security. I purchased the 500watt version of Big Cat Fat Cat XL. The bike shipped from Big Cat in New York. I do not think they have a store front. At the time they were offering 10% off and free shipping. I took a chance and it worked for me.

If I was to purchase an ebike again, I think I would go to a local shop. I cannot complain about Big Cats service. The wife's bike had some issues and Big Cat sent me a new controller and a new throttle and all is well.

BTW, I am not affiliated with super scooter store or Big Cat. Just a retiree that enjoys riding bikes.

Man I just payed for my wifes bike (Green Bike GB5) on Sunday through paypal with Super Scooter Store. Please anyone who has had any dealings with this company please let me know. I did converse with Joe from Super Scooter Store on the phone and many emails and he seemed very honest and legit in his dealings so I never gave it a second thought. Now this thread has got me worried! I just paid for it so I could cancel if this company isnt legit. At this point I have no reason to believe its not legit except for this thread.

If you guys need some info about chinese companies i would help.We know little about others.

IMPORTANT UPDATE...........I just spoke with a person of the manufactures (Green Bike) warehouse. She assured me Super Scooter Store is a verified vendor for them and that she received my order this morning and would be shipped out by the end of the day. Again, Joe at SSS has be very helpful at answering my questions (and I had numerous emails and phone calls) , so cross my fingers all is good. In this modern virtual world if you have very little reviews or hardly no online presence a few bad transaction could cripple an online business. Will keep everyone posted on the outcome.

Roflo actually what i was want to say is if anyone want to buy a chinese products but don't know their reputation or want to find a chinese person, i can help since i am a chinese. It is not easy for a foreigner who want to communicate in a different country. I would like to do that if someone ask me about it.;)

Thank you Jayson for your offer but i am good. Both the companies I am dealing with have USA warehouse and employees that speak English.

IMPORTANT UPDATE...........I just spoke with a person of the manufactures (Green Bike) warehouse. She assured me Super Scooter Store is a verified vendor for them and that she received my order this morning and would be shipped out by the end of the day. Again, Joe at SSS has be very helpful at answering my questions (and I had numerous emails and phone calls) , so cross my fingers all is good. In this modern virtual world if you have very little reviews or hardly no online presence a few bad transaction could cripple an online business. Will keep everyone posted on the outcome.

Yes please keep us updated. That deal they had, free shipping, no tax and $100 off is a pretty sweet deal but I probably should've asked E Joe themselves about this company. Oh well. A local bike shop will have the bike I want in a few weeks and they will give me $100 off MSRP so that's good for me and I get some security knowing they have a good reputation.

Received notice today that the Green Bike GB5 is on its way and should arrive by Saturday. So cross my fingas and I will keep everyone posted! Found out they have a Los Angeles warehouse that the bikes being shipped from and I live in San Diego (2 hours away) but the notice said it would take 4 days to arrive........Huh?

i think you guys should check out the prodecotech rebel x i have for sale =)

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

WELL..........My bike was scheduled to ship last Tuesday and I noticed from fed X ship nothing was sent on Friday. I called Greenbike in Florida and he said the color of the GB5 i wanted was not in stock so they couldn't send it. He ask if I wanted a refund. I then ask when the next shipment was coming in.......his reply was end of the following week. I have agreed to wait an extra week and see what happens. Cross my fingas! Will keep everyone posted on if the is legit place to get a bike from.

Use Google to find stores in your area, then use the reviews here and the great search engine to sort some bikes to look at. I'd stay away from online stores unless you are building from a kit and converting. Ann and those who have or had stores are your best source of advice. Understand what 50 miles means to you. 50 miles at full throttle and 30 mph? Set your goals and parameters and then add $500 to your budget.

Whether superscooterstore.com is a good company or not, I have no idea, but I just wanted to point out that in this case, there is nothing out of the ordinary about the IP address for being in Canada for the superscooterstore.com website.

Superscooterstore is a store built with a Shopify cloud hosted cart, and Shopify is in Canada.

The Shopify hosted cart platform is used by hundreds of thousands of e-commerce stores. I am a web designer, and have designed many of Shopify stores. Because Shopify is in Canada, the IP will show up as Canada regardless of where the ecommerce company selling products is located.

The benefit to purchasing from a Shopify hosted store is that a Shopify merchant can NEVER see your credit card details, only your address details, and the Shopify cart is EXTREMELY secure as compared to other webstores, with the highest level of https security available, even as compared to large companies, and with card details tokenized (scrambled/encrypted) for every sale that runs through a Shopify hosted store.

I also put an order for my e-bike. Interestingly they changed the name to Upzy yesterday and they started providing $50 off coupon code. I would update the thread here once I got the shipment just fyi.

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Generic Chinese batteries, not brand name cells. According to them. They were honest.

Back