Anybody tried out the GX yet?

I've test rode it, and loved it. It looks great, and feels great. But man, even at 32% off, its so tough to justify spending that much on it. But I just want it, but I know deep down, I should get something else.

I thought about buying a Gocycle for several years, every time I saw one I thought "wow". I'm a lifelong cyclist, only on the road these days, so a folding e-bike is probably a strange choice for a roadie like me, but I love it.
I don't use it as much as I thought, but when I do I really enjoy it and I use the car even less these days. When the weather improves I'll be using it a lot more.

Treat yourself, they're really well engineered pieces of kit.

I thought about buying a Gocycle for several years, every time I saw one I thought "wow". I'm a lifelong cyclist, only on the road these days, so a folding e-bike is probably a strange choice for a roadie like me, but I love it.
I don't use it as much as I thought, but when I do I really enjoy it and I use the car even less these days. When the weather improves I'll be using it a lot more.

Treat yourself, they're really well engineered pieces of kit.

I am assuming you have the GX?

Do you think the GXi is worth the extra money?

I can't believe how indicisive I am being about this.

Hi all, it's great to see that you are enjoying the GX! Conrad from Gocycle here - feel free to ask me any questions, more than happy to help. Thanks
I’m just about to pull the trigger on a GX, need a lightweight folding bike to take on and off my boat. Is the new GXi battery available as a separate purchase yet. I want to try regular GX first to see if that will meet my needs. Tx

The G3/GXi battery can be bought separately, but is not inexpensive: https://www.gocycleusa.com/product-p/kkl-3214-4021-01.htm

I have a G3, but I envy the quick folding of the GX's, while not wanting the extra weight.

As to an earlier question about SF hills, one would need to be pedaling hard (maybe sitting) on the tough ones, as there are a lot of steep hills that the motor alone can't deal with, and using the button burns battery quickly.

True, but if you buy one you now have 2 batteries with pretty much twice the range.

2 batteries are worth it, but £700 for one? Really want a GoCycle, but this might be the reason I use not to get one. I think I was fine paying a premium for the bike, but not interested in also getting gouged everytime I need a new battery.

2 batteries are worth it, but £700 for one? Really want a GoCycle, but this might be the reason I use not to get one. I think I was fine paying a premium for the bike, but not interested in also getting gouged everytime I need a new battery.

Not sure how much 375 watt batteries cost for other makes, but £700 is a lot I guess. I'll not try to convince you either way, happy with my purchase, though.

Not sure how much 375 watt batteries cost for other makes, but £700 is a lot I guess. I'll not try to convince you either way, happy with my purchase, though.

I'm sure you're not as poor as I am. Would have zero qualms about getting this if I had more money.

Had my GX for just over a month, 350+miles. Last week broke down and ordered the GXi ‘big battery’. With minor hills and the standard battery I can get close to 40 miles (190lbs rider). One of my regular rides includes an elevation gain of 1,650’ over 15 miles. By the time I get back home, 30mile round trip regular battery is 20% or less. Having a case of range a anxiety, got the GXi. Its at least 20% better, after my 30 mile run I have 40-50% less. It works off the same GX charger, fits in the same slot, only difference is about 5lbs more-yes I weighed it & takes a bit longer to charge. On flatter runs I can get close to 50, but my ass/arse gives up before the battery does.

Trying different algorithms, of the stock ones I use City uphill & Eco down. Creating a few of my own, but its a work in progress, haven’t reached perfection yet! Had 2 flat tires so far, luckily easy to change and now added Slime. Because tubes are easy to change, now carry extra tube, pump and tire leavers, along with some water-I live part of year in Cave Creek AZ, gets hot even in the winter. This is my set up, all Velcro & wire tires, no drilling. Big plus its all attached to the down tube which comes off when I fold it to go on the boat. Weighing less that 40lbs its so easy to lift on and off. My last eBike was around 70lbs, real bastard to get on and off.

All in all very pleased, its a spendy product, but beautifully engineered & made. Folding and light weight were my 2 key criteria, the covered chain, easy to remove saddle, ergonomics are a bonus. Would I buy GX again, yes, would I buy the GXi battery again definitely.

Some of my peeves. Display on my small iPhone is crap, changing modes with the little button from City to Eco etc is crap, have to press repeatedly to wake it up some times. Blue & yellow would be better contrast than black and red, specially in bright sunlight. Would like more stock algorithms rather than designing my own, I don’t seem to be very good at that. Some type of lock to keep the scum away would be nice, but they’ll probably just pick it up and put it in the back of their stolen car.
02D32650-5F93-4167-939D-B28ED3D4E8E8.jpeg

I ended up springing for that ridiculously expensive GXi battery too, thanks for your experience. used it for the first time this weekend. I live about 6 miles from the Las Vegas strip. rode to the strip and toured up and down the empty scenery then back home. about 20 miles total and finished with the battery just getting to 70% using City mode the whole way there and back. it's pretty flat the whole way but so far I'm enjoying the capacity.

Back