Anybody here with a 2018 E3 Moda Step-thru or step-over Medium size???

AZOldTech

If you do own one, I need the measurement of the minimum and maximum saddle height (the distance from the ground to the top of the saddle). Maximum seat post setting is to seat post mark that states it should not be raised beyond that point.

Thank you

If you do own one, I need the measurement of the minimum and maximum saddle height (the distance from the ground to the top of the saddle). Maximum seat post setting is to seat post mark that states it should not be raised beyond that point.

Thank you

Hi, I have an iZIP E3 Moda with the step-thru medium size. The step thru comes in small and medium and the step over comes in medium and large.

The height from the seat to the ground at maximum is 41.25"
The height from the seat to the ground at minimum is 34.25"

I hope this helps you. For what it is worth, I just got the bike on Black Friday so I only have 35 miles on it. I have over 3500 miles on my previous e-bike (which I still love by the way) which is a Diamondback Lindau.

I know that from what I have seen Court (on this website) really really likes the Brose motors and from what I have seen so far I really like it too.

The problem with my Diamondback Lindau is that it only works really well if I am by myself. It goes the speed it wants to go and it is hard to modulate the speed because it only measures pedal cadence.

The iZIP moda measures torque and feels very much like a normal bicycle and not like an e-bike at all. That is the main reason that I got it so it is easier to go on bike rides with other people. I believe that I may still use my Lindau for commuting to/from work where I am solo as I really do like that bike quite a bit.

Hope this helps,
Rick

Hi, I have an iZIP E3 Moda with the step-thru medium size. The step thru comes in small and medium and the step over comes in medium and large.

The height from the seat to the ground at maximum is 41.25"
The height from the seat to the ground at minimum is 34.25"

I hope this helps you. For what it is worth, I just got the bike on Black Friday so I only have 35 miles on it. I have over 3500 miles on my previous e-bike (which I still love by the way) which is a Diamondback Lindau.

I know that from what I have seen Court (on this website) really really likes the Brose motors and from what I have seen so far I really like it too.

The problem with my Diamondback Lindau is that it only works really well if I am by myself. It goes the speed it wants to go and it is hard to modulate the speed because it only measures pedal cadence.

The iZIP moda measures torque and feels very much like a normal bicycle and not like an e-bike at all. That is the main reason that I got it so it is easier to go on bike rides with other people. I believe that I may still use my Lindau for commuting to/from work where I am solo as I really do like that bike quite a bit.

Hope this helps,
Rick
Thanks Rick. That's really helpful. Can you also measure the step over height. Thank you.

Hi to both, I am considering buying this bike for $2200 on sale but unfortunately they only have the Medium size. I am 5'9 so I am right on the edge of M and L but usually ride larger that my height. What is your height and size suggestion that has worked for both?

I’m 5’6” and have a small (2018 Redux, actually, but it’s the same bike.) it’s just a tad large for me. I think their bikes run large and suspect the Medium would be just fine for you. Also: that’s a really great deal on a bike I’m quite happy with (tho I paid $3K).

Thank you @Carterk. Yes it seems like a great bike and deal. Unfortunately I cannot test ride it to see if the geometry is good for my style and body type but I haven't heard anyone complaining about the bike itself so will probably pull the trigger in the next day or two.

Hi to both, I am considering buying this bike for $2200 on sale but unfortunately they only have the Medium size. I am 5'9 so I am right on the edge of M and L but usually ride larger that my height. What is your height and size suggestion that has worked for both?

The L isnt available.

The M stepover works for me at 6ft 32 inch inseam. I originally ordered a L thru my LeBS and they called me back to let me know it wasnt available. The LeBS actually had a stepover on the showroom floor and ironically it was marked M/L. The LeBS did some research and they dont think iZIp ever sold any L models. I went down to the LeBS and took measurements and the M/L frame was basically a M frame according to iZips specs.

I now have a M E3 Moda Stepover.

As it turns out, the M actually has a pretty long top tube (longer than my 46cm(M) Bulls Evo hardtail eMTB and L Juiced CCX). Its actually perfect for me as I prefer a longer top tube.

Dont go by their recommended size according to height, complete BS.

Great bike, especially for the price

I agree with the comments regarding their sizing chart, not accurate. I just received my medium step-over iZip E3 Moda (I couldn't resist the same $2.2k deal) and at 5'8" it barely fits me.

Beyond that no complaints so far.

Back