anybody have riding videos?

eric rinehart

Region
USA
I edit videos of my rides and post on YouTube for fun but I'm outpacing my footage.

I'm wondering if anybody is sitting on ride footage they need edited but don't have the skillset.

I'm happy to show examples of my work - reach out if your interested in collaborating

I purchased a DJI 3 action camera and never got around to figuring it out. I'm a luddite to begin with and also found the chest mount very cumbersome, so I quickly lost motivation. As I type this I don't know where the box with the DJI in it went! I hope it hasn't fallen into the thrift store donation box. One day, month or year I'll find the box and figure it out. I have Momento dash cams (I think the 6 series) in both of the cars and they work great but they have the craziest menu system ever! I can work the Momento dash cams now but I fumble around for 30 minutes just figuring out how to get in the menus.

There is a YouTube channel that reviews action cams (forgot the name but I'll look it up one day) and he has a great how-to section. YouTube is my friend for quick learning something.

I have years of footage but don't have the time to edit, although I have the skills and the tools (Mac with Final Cut Pro). I began riding ebikes in 2016 and soon attached my GoPros to my bikes. I would record nearly every ride, and I ride four times a week, 20 to 40 miles per ride. I thought one day I would edit the footage, but I rarely look at it.

I simply have too many projects: documentaries, photography, writing, etc. Perhaps some day I will edit years of footage into a very short film, taking only seconds from each ride—only the most interesting parts, of course!

I recorded several hours of video while riding my favorite trails using a GoPro Hero8. I view it on a TV while I ride my exercise bike during the off season.

Sure it gets boring but it's still more interesting than most of the junk you find on network TV these days.

Was uploading stuff to Youtube 'till they cut me off for using ad blockers. Can still upload, but no more streaming without turning ad blockers off. Not going to keep giving them free content if they won't let me watch videos.

Back