anybody ever wax their ebike?

Easier to use spray wax instead of liquid or paste wax. I used to be quite into keeping my Litespeed road bike meticulously clean. I used stainless steel spray polish since the frame was titanium. My ebikes are both MTB types so they get dirty. Honda motorcycle spray cleaner polish is great to use after a wash. It can also be used as a wash substitute if the bikes isn't too dirty.

I did the day it was new. Rub on carnuba wax, rub off with holed underwear. Shiney & nice. Haven't done it since, nor washed the frame either. Rubbed some gritty dirt off the strut behind the crank once with an oily rag. Same ATF I lube the chain etc with.

I've been using Meguires Synthetic X-Press spray wax on my cars for a few years now. Spray on, wipe off and the paint feels slick and water beads for about 6-months. I use it on the entire exterior of the cars (paint, chrome, plastic, vinyl, etc.) except for the windshield and the tires. I used it on my new bike when I brought it home and it works well.

@Sifu Ben mentioned using Honda cleaner. Honda makes several cleaning products and at least one of them is very aggressive, so be careful. On a recommendation from a friend, I bought a bottle of HondaBrite years ago and used it on my mountain bike. Although it cleans amazingly well for a spray on, rinse off product, I found that it left a milky film on polished aluminum and dulled the finish on powder coated surfaces. Polishing those items after using Hondabrite made the bike look like new, but the extra polishing time negated the time saved by using a spray on-rinse off product.

Until I find a better option, I'll stick to wiping down my eBike with a wet towel and spot cleaning rather than washing the bike with a hose.

I've been using Meguires Synthetic X-Press spray wax on my cars for a few years now. Spray on, wipe off and the paint feels slick and water beads for about 6-months. I use it on the entire exterior of the cars (paint, chrome, plastic, vinyl, etc.) except for the windshield and the tires. I used it on my new bike when I brought it home and it works well.

@Sifu Ben mentioned using Honda cleaner. Honda makes several cleaning products and at least one of them is very aggressive, so be careful. On a recommendation from a friend, I bought a bottle of HondaBrite years ago and used it on my mountain bike. Although it cleans amazingly well for a spray on, rinse off product, I found that it left a milky film on polished aluminum and dulled the finish on powder coated surfaces. Polishing those items after using Hondabrite made the bike look like new, but the extra polishing time negated the time saved by using a spray on-rinse off product.

Until I find a better option, I'll stick to wiping down my eBike with a wet towel and spot cleaning rather than washing the bike with a hose.

The Honda spray I use is for cleaning and waxing in one product. A lot of motorcyclists swear by it. Alternatively, Lemon Pledge too does the same thing but I find that I save a few wiping strokes with the Honda spray over Pledge. I have so many detailer products but the latest fave is Turtle Wax ceramic spray coating. Here is the Honda spray I mention: https://www.amazon.com/Honda-08732-SCP00x3-Spray-Cleaner-Polish/dp/B01LY6KI73

No. Don't even wipe or wash the dust off the frame more often than once a week, only keep chain clean.
I don't care how it looks, only - how it works.

Yes, I applied 2 coats of Car Guys hybrid spray wax after I washed it when it was brand new. I’ve done it every other time I’ve washed it since.

I wrapped my bike with 3M transparent car protection film. Every now and then I go over it with a wipe-on and leave it car sealer.....simple.

@elliot friedman did you wrap the whole bike?

I had some 4" wide 3M film left over from protecting the door sills on my truck so I applied 3M film to the paint matched cover on my integrated battery (it gets handled so much from removing, storing, charging and reinstalling), the head tube (to protect the paint where the brake cables rub) and the front of the down tube (to protect from debris from the front wheel).

Back