Any tall guys with a RadRover 5?

I'm the same height/inseam and have two 16 Radrovers. I was getting sight ache in my left knee and numb hands on longer rides with the out of box set-up (no adjustable handlebar stem and 350mm seatpost). I added the Sunlite 0-60 degree Adjustable handle bar stem, 420mm Bodyfloat suspension seatpost, and Cloud-9 11.5X12.5 cruiser seat to my Rover to fit my body. I also added Wide Platform MTB pedals by BC Bicycle company for my size 14 shoes. It has been +4 years and +7000 miles and I can ride until the battery dies without issue.

You are going to be a little under 7 feet tall sitting upright in the saddle with a helmet. It will be a long ways down on spills and a lot of ducking with low branches with trial riding.

Thanks for the info! I thought the XL RCS was about it for the fatties that would fit me. RR 5 is now on my short list. Let's see some pics of your setup :)

Pic of my Black Radrover on a trip the wife and I took to the Grand Canyon in Nov/16. The wife has the same model in white.
Radrover Black.JPG

Haven't been riding much because of the lockdown:
Radrover storage.JPG

That looks pretty good! That seat really is up there, isn't it? But you gotta do what you gotta do. I may duplicate this setup with the post and stem extensions. Thanks!

Nice wall rack system. I like how it lets you swing the bike partly to the side.

The steady rack system is pretty nice and they make racks for bikes with fenders, fat tires, or regular tires. I like the ability to part the bikes so I can pass by when the car is parked. The only issue with storing a bike like this are the hydraulic brakes/suspension oil might leak out on certain (e)bikes (no hydraulics on Rad power bikes).

I'm the same height/inseam and have two 16 Radrovers. I was getting sight ache in my left knee and numb hands on longer rides with the out of box set-up (no adjustable handlebar stem and 350mm seatpost). I added the Sunlite 0-60 degree Adjustable handle bar stem, 420mm Bodyfloat suspension seatpost, and Cloud-9 11.5X12.5 cruiser seat to my Rover to fit my body. I also added Wide Platform MTB pedals by BC Bicycle company for my size 14 shoes. It has been +4 years and +7000 miles and I can ride until the battery dies without issue.

You are going to be a little under 7 feet tall sitting upright in the saddle with a helmet. It will be a long ways down on spills and a lot of ducking with low branches with trial riding.
I am 5'5 and I am replacing my stem for a longer one this week end. The handlebar is just too close to the seatpost for my liking, I tend to search for extra room behind my saddle when I'm riding and I already push my saddle to the rear position.

I'm 6'3" with a 34" inseam and last week received a Juiced RipCurrent non S version, XL frame. It fits perfect, first bike I've owned that feels great out of the box. 1699 with no tax, recieved in 7 days, couldn't be happier.

Attachments

• 20201204_183052.jpg
    20201204_183052.jpg
    738.9 KB · Views: 443
I will probably replace my 16 Rover once the battery pack starts to give out. That RipCurrent in XL frame looks like a something I should keep an eye on. The only issue I have is my Rover can be adjusted to fit my kids (5'10 and 5'4") and wife (4'11") with the same mods I made to fit my 6'3" frame. No more borrowing ebikes if I go with the XL frame.

RRST PNS Beach 2 02011.jpg

I have a set of Bushwackers side saddles that are usually with me. I'm 6' 185 lbs (lost 30 lbs in last two years). Suntour Seat post is all the down and I can just use the balls of my feet when stopped. Any taller, and I'd probably get handlebars with a little riser to them. Don't know how the wiring would handle that.

Last edited:
Back