Any RadRover contributors out there ?

my ups driver left my bike somewhere at my address, i'm not sure yet. Ups website says "left at OTHER" so i hope it's still there when i get home tonight.
sigh.....not a fan of expensive packages not requiring a signature

just got home and no bike. no package at door or at neighbor's. walked around the area and don't see a thing. called ups customer service and started an investigation. :(

would be a good thing if Radrover people required UPS to have a signature before dropping off the package. They may already have and UPS is being lazy. this is just such a bummer right now.

will report in when i find out something.

Last edited:
just got home and no bike. no package at door or at neighbor's. walked around the area and don't see a thing. called ups customer service and started an investigation. :(

would be a good thing if Radrover people required UPS to have a signature before dropping off the package. They may already have and UPS is being lazy. this is just such a bummer right now.

will report in when i find out something.
If it's like over here, it's not your problem - you never received the item in question so it's Radrover's responsibility to replace it, send you a new one and to take it up with the shipping company (had a big, very expensive plasma go missing exactly the same way 6 years ago - it's an awful thing to happen).

Phrodus,
I just got home with our 2 RR's...A 1600 mile road trip is all... I met Mike R. at his portside shop... really cool set-up... Ebikes and parts everywhere... I asked about your situation... They apparently tried everything to ship to your zip code... with many returned attempts.. something very strict about your zip code, Mike said...
Glad you stuck with it... it's a very solid heavy bike... but it really needs a motor... I'm currently looking for a lower rolling resistance road/all purpose tire.. The Kenda's are fine for now... just don't see them lasting that long on pavement...
Have you decided on a battery replacement?

Phrodus,
I just got home with our 2 RR's...A 1600 mile road trip is all... I met Mike R. at his portside shop... really cool set-up... Ebikes and parts everywhere... I asked about your situation... They apparently tried everything to ship to your zip code... with many returned attempts.. something very strict about your zip code, Mike said...
Glad you stuck with it... it's a very solid heavy bike... but it really needs a motor... I'm currently looking for a lower rolling resistance road/all purpose tire.. The Kenda's are fine for now... just don't see them lasting that long on pavement...
Have you decided on a battery replacement?

Thanks for asking about my situation! 1600 miles? That's about 2600 km...! Wow, that's impressive.

Yes, Norway is just a really strict country when it comes to import, I think. So I truly believe they tried hard. I've found a guy at a new local shop that specialize in ebike batteries that last longer. He's promised to put a fitting battery on for free (not the battery itself, which will cost a lot) in return for taking the RadRover for a ride. ;-) He was impressed by the specs - and they surely beat what you can for this price in shop around here (motors with more than 250 watts are not allowed for sale here).

By the way, I have a cheap (for Norway) ebike right now that in fact will cost roughly the same as the RadRover and it's almost as heavy ( 2kg behind) as the RR, but the motor is pretty weak, even for a 250w I have learned. It's not a 500w that can deliver 250w continuously (which is legal), that's for sure. So the heavy part I'm not that concerned about. I have gained that extra weight over summer. :p.

@scmike with fat tires if you do go with a slicker tire, that will introduce self steering, just a heads up!

Thanks, I was looking at these, or something with more rubber in the center... There are more fat tires being developed and there will be more choices... down the road... Like I said the Kendas are fine for now... and a good median choice by Mike R. at the time.. How are they holding up for you, pxpaul??
http://veetireco.com

@scmike The kendas are fine, I swapped to a 4.5 up front (it is much chunkier, cushy ride too, I like it alot), only had one, not sure if it would fit the back (think it would chain rub in the high gearing....Not that those get much use). I have a set of v8s in the garage hanging on the wall, riding then on the pavement is not an enjoyable experience. Are you anywhere near Minnesota? I'd meet up and let you try them out!

Wow, those look cool AND smooth.
I think (I could be mistaken about this) they were designed by a Norwegian guy called Espen something or other - he designed the Nakamura/Mamut fat bikes and the Vee Snowshoe tires too. He posts over on the mtbr forum - he posted a video of him passing Lycra dudes on racing bikes going both up and downhill using those tires on a Fatbike - and no motor. I wish they would fit my 4" rims but I'll have to wait for the wider ones.

Turns out the building manager saw the bike by the mailbox and put it away for safekeeping. bike is being assembled by my LBS and i should be picking it up on Saturday. :)
on a side note i emailed TY at radrover and he was more than cooperative in the investigation re: UPS dropping off the bike without a signature and will be double checking that this is the case for all deliveries.

I saw those. Fat-Bike.com did a review on them... they liked them for their speed and smoothness... I noticed they
tend to fill up with small pebbles and sand... not sure if it's a problem...
These Maxxis Mammoths look promising...

http://www.maxxis.com
Yes, I've heard that about the speedster but I doubt if it will be an issue if they are ridden on Tarmac.

I agree the new Mammoths look promising too.

Back