Any RadRover contributors out there ?

@Schweddy I have my seat raised about 6 inches above its base, so there wouldn't be an issue of ride-ability. I'm a bigger guy too so that pushed me forward when I'm off the seat and standing over. I can put my feet flat, but it is a bit of a tight squeeze! I would lean towards Alex's comment that if you are comfortable riding a bike in general, you should be ok if this one is on the larger size.

I am likely going to swap the front fork myself, that should bring the stand over height down a fair amount as the front end (bar height) is going to drop almost 3 inches with a typical rigid fork (going to try the straight swap with my boris x7, everything should be interchangeable).

Thanks guys. If anyone has a tape measure and can measure from the ground to the crossbar that would be VERY helpful and pretty much tell me if I need to cancel or not. Really appreciate the feedback guys

@Schweddy from the ground to the top of the crossbar at the seat side (the crossbar is angled), it's 30.5". At the handlebar side it's 38".

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Mine arrived yesterday in MA, box was scared with a few small hole. Bike looks great. One very minor issue, nut missing for screw that holds light. Quick trip to Home Depot should solve that. Agree with previous comments a few tie wraps would hold everything together better, but the outer box is plenty thick and should hold up to reg shipping.

I absolutely love my RadRover. Just had surgery on my foot yesterday and talked my wife into bringing my bike into the front room so I could put the Nori light kit on it. She thinks I'm obsessed. I don't disagree.

Finished assembling very easy. Couldn't wait, rode in back yard in the dark, to much smiling many bugs in mouth. Can't wait till this weekend.

Thanks David,
Are you in batch 1? Does BC mean British Columbia? When will you ride again,, just keep you mouth shut and keep on keyboarding...
Thanks again
Mike

I absolutely love my RadRover. Just had surgery on my foot yesterday and talked my wife into bringing my bike into the front room so I could put the Nori light kit on it. She thinks I'm obsessed. I don't disagree.

Aaron,
You can still ride... Just duct tape you foot to pedal and get out there and report back, stat!!

Well I have 36 miles on mine now and am enjoying the bike. I have a 12 mile commute round trip and ride the whole way with pedal assist on 5 and have 2 bars left when I get home. The battery lost all power on me once more and the fuse reseating fixed it. You might want to take some tweezers on your ride just in case you have to get at the fuse. I actually love the front fork. It noticeably smoothens out the ride. One thing I noticed today is my front tire had several loose spokes. The back tire had a couple loose ones. I finger tightened them but don't really know what to do. I know they keep the wheel true so I don't want to over tighten them. I don't want to pay a shop either, so if anyone has any tips please share. I noticed the lose spokes because I got a flat and was trying to change the tire. Now I cannot get that tire off. I have changed bike tires before, including fat tires, I have tire levers, but still cannot get the tire off. If anyone has any tips let me know.

Last edited:
Mine arrived yesterday in MA, box was scared with a few small hole. Bike looks great. One very minor issue, nut missing for screw that holds light. Quick trip to Home Depot should solve that. Agree with previous comments a few tie wraps would hold everything together better, but the outer box is plenty thick and should hold up to reg shipping.

My screw for the light fell on the floor during unboxing! didnt figure out where it went until i got to the light, surprised it didnt end up going out one of the holes in the box.

went for a 5 miles ride this evening, still happy about my decision to swap the fork on the front end. fat tires provide plenty of soft riding for my needs, the front fork felt like overkill. this bike is a ton of fun to ride! very happy with my purchase so far, looking forward to taking it out for more adventures!

another comment regarding a suspension seat post. i bought the suntour ncx from a european seller for about seventy five bucks. i found it too bouncy on my regular fat bike, however on the rad rover where you are getting into higher gears and having a slower cadence all of a sudden the post is working really well, glad i picked it up!

How about a pic of the modified RR? What tire psi are you running... Are you riding on pavement? I'm still waiting on batch 2... should be getting close...

Great to hear about the first impressions!

Got my invoice yesterday and it was a smooth $558.00 to ship it to Norway. Phew. Also Ty was in contact earlier, and he wrote this: "Also, saw your concern about shipping, we can assure you that we are taking further precautions to protect the bikes!"

Going on vacation tomorrow, so I must try to not think to much about the bike during the week and a half I'll be gone...

Good news Phrodos, are you in batch 1 or 2? Also, sounds like they have a handle on the repacking... I'm pretty sure the problem
wasn't in the original pack job... I think they open the boxes in Seattle and/or inspect plus install the battery... before passing them on to the states shipper, UPS... or in your case international ,DHL?? I'm in batch 2 ... hopefully shipping soon only 847 miles for
ours..

How long did they estimate from Seattle to Norway?
Thanks
Mike

Well I have 36 miles on mine now and am enjoying the bike. I have a 12 mile commute round trip and ride the whole way with pedal assist on 5 and have 2 bars left when I get home. The battery lost all power on me once more and the fuse reseating fixed it. You might want to take some tweezers on your ride just in case you have to get at the fuse. I actually love the front fork. It noticeably smoothens out the ride. One thing I noticed today is my front tire had several loose spokes. The back tire had a couple loose ones. I finger tightened them but don't really know what to do. I know they keep the wheel true so I don't want to over tighten them. I don't want to pay a shop either, so if anyone has any tips please share. I noticed the lose spokes because I got a flat and was trying to change the tire. Now I cannot get that tire off. I have changed bike tires before, including fat tires, I have tire levers, but still cannot get the tire off. If anyone has any tips let me know.

Sam,
Loose spokes, already... They should be a heck of a lot tighter than finger tight... Truing bike wheels is kind of and art... takes some practice... First you'll need to get a good spoke wrench... and some guides you can softly clamp to your forks or frame... Then you kind of just go around and round tightening and loosening with an eye on the gap between the rim and the guides...
They must be a YT video you can watch...
Good Luck
Mike

A wheel truing YT video... They are all pretty long winded... I wouldn't use a screwdriver... some thing softer... unless you want scratched up rims... but that doesn't bother this guy... They are plenty of other videos, nearby on YT... One guy uses zip ties...as a guide. but he has all sorts of trouble truing just one wheel... it takes a some patience..& persistence.
Good luck
M

Sam,
Loose spokes, already... They should be a heck of a lot tighter than finger tight... Truing bike wheels is kind of and art... takes some practice... First you'll need to get a good spoke wrench... and some guides you can softly clamp to your forks or frame... Then you kind of just go around and round tightening and loosening with an eye on the gap between the rim and the guides...
They must be a YT video you can watch...
Good Luck
Mike

Thanks @scmike, I actually have a spoke wrench coming tomorrow but think this will be a job for the lbs. I don't want to ruin the rims. Pretty disappointed with the quality control so far. Be sure to check your spokes guys before your rims look like a taco

You keep mentioning a fuse you have to rest, can you post picture or location of this fuse you're referring to? Just so I know where it is...

Thanks @scmike, I actually have a spoke wrench coming tomorrow but think this will be a job for the lbs. I don't want to ruin the rims. Pretty disappointed with the quality control so far. Be sure to check your spokes guys before your rims look like a taco

Sorry to hear about the problems you've been having. Sounds like some folks like yourself got some real lemons.

received_932173246824984.jpeg
@Nachoman the fuse is near the rear of the battery on the same side as the power meter

Back