Any jetski owners on these forums?

bikeman242

A jetski will undoubtedly be my next splurge.

Any owners on these forums?

What do you own, and what do you like and dislike about it?

BOAT = Bust Out Another Thousand

I know nothing about these toys, except that I love riding them around Vancouver "fjords."

Reminds me of Norway (for a moment)!

Please Share!

My REAL Kawasaki Jet Ski was a red 1987 650 SX 'The Ski Horse' : which was riding a rocket.

@55HP Mashing the throttle would launch me and the machine up and out of the water at almost anytime.

Warning: 'Sit Skis' and 'Squat Skis' will bore you after one day, there is no balance or muscle skill required

Highlight: Falling into the water is fun, pop up laughing instead of bleeding

Alas, my dirty neglected Jet Ski was given to a younger man with a full machine shop.
SkiHorse.JPG
DirtyHorse.JPG

Last edited:
ICE powered Jet Skis are so last decade... its time to try an electric model. This is EBR after all. ;)

1599931825533.png

1599931908513.png

I would rent but never buy @ $24K for less than 2 hrs of riding time per charge. Just too rich for me! Cheers!

You're in luck... ;) https://electrek.co/2020/07/15/taiga-orca-cheaper-electric-watercraft/

Following a “strong response”, Taiga has now decided to offer cheaper versions of the watercraft:
“Propelled by the strong response to its electric snowmobiles and premium Founders Edition electric watercraft, Taiga Motors is launching two new electric personal watercraft (PWC) Orca models starting at $15,000 USD. The Orca ‘Sport’ and ‘Performance’ models are an important next step in Taiga’s roadmap towards accelerating sustainable exploration of the great outdoors for all. Designed from the water up, these models redefine the recreational watercraft experience with silent operation, leading power to weight, hassle-free ownership, intelligent connectivity, and competitive pricing.”

I used to own a BRP supercharged Sea-Doo, 2003 model and if I were to buy another I’d go for a Yamaha. I didn’t like the cooling system and maintenance on the BRP, a supercharger is a big expensive problem. Just my experience and I have no idea how they’ve changed or updated them.

I have owned Three yamahas and sold them this year and bought a seadoo trixx 3up. very fun machine. Also bought the GTX supercharged 230 limited. very fast and comfortable.

I used to own a BRP supercharged Sea-Doo, 2003 model and if I were to buy another I’d go for a Yamaha.
I didn’t like the cooling system and maintenance on the BRP, a supercharger is a big expensive problem. Just my experience and I have no idea how they’ve changed or updated them.

I have owned Three yamahas and sold them this year and bought a seadoo trixx 3up. very fun machine. Also bought the GTX supercharged 230 limited. very fast and comfortable.

Yamaha has been a leader in watersports for years... I hope they are developing an electric model to complement their new motos!

Back