Any idea how to replace battery lock on turbo X?

Greg555

Bought a used turbo X and did not get the key

Called specialized and was told these locks are available for about $40 but I'm wondering how to take out the existing lock with no key. Spoke with the dealer and he said he has no "master key" and had no real answer

Greg

its a $40 lockset.

I was wondering if there's a humane way to take it out b4 I drill it out.
I will fix the wheel myself. No big deal.

Greg

Are you able to get the battery out? If not, try loosening the adjuster with an allen key and wiggling the battery out - it the one opposite the charging port.

Are you able to get the battery out? If not, try loosening the adjuster with an allen key and wiggling the battery out - it the one opposite the charging port.

Will do. Havent had a chance to play with it. Work got in the way

Take it to a locksmith. Those guys can pick just about anything. Once you're in, it should be easy work from there.

That didnt do anything. Just loosened up the port inside but didnt make any extra room

Thx
Greg

I had a Turbo X with lost keys, my LBS was able to pop it open without drilling the lock. I think the tech got in through a plate in the frame under the kickstand and snaked a wire in to pop the latch on the battery; he wasn’t happy about the work but it sounded straightforward.

Back