Anti dumping Tariff

That’s really helpful thank you.Being very rude how much did you pay on top of the price of the bike ie shipping taxes,customs?Wont be offended if you don’t want to say.If I wanted to ride it on the road ,not that I would of course,but if I did ,maybe just to check it out ,would it look out of place with 250watts bikes?
From memory, I paid $3750 for the bike, am1000 with lights, shift sensor, dropper post etc I then added express shipping $350 and taxes after delivery of $200. So about £3600 ish. My bike get a few looks just due to the colour yellow. As a full sus ebike it doesn’t look out of place at all, and the Ex’s looks similar from a distance and CC’s certainly don’t look out of place. The hunters might do a little bit. But overall I find if you don’t ride like a dick then you won’t get stopped or annoy anyone, I’m always a curtious ridder on and off the roads, I ride all around my local roads and villages , tow paths and off road, never ever had any kind of issue. I ride around Edinburgh city centre roads and parks all the time, no issues. Just don’t do that wheelie craze heading at cars etc, and you’ll be fine :)

From memory, I paid $3750 for the bike, am1000 with lights, shift sensor, dropper post etc I then added express shipping $350 and taxes after delivery of $200. So about £3600 ish. My bike get a few looks just due to the colour yellow. As a full sus ebike it doesn’t look out of place at all, and the Ex’s looks similar from a distance and CC’s certainly don’t look out of place. The hunters might do a little bit. But overall I find if you don’t ride like a dick then you won’t get stopped or annoy anyone, I’m always a curtious ridder on and off the roads, I ride all around my local roads and villages , tow paths and off road, never ever had any kind of issue. I ride around Edinburgh city centre roads and parks all the time, no issues. Just don’t do that wheelie craze heading at cars etc, and you’ll be fine :)
Yep I’m not a crazy rider so everything is looking good to go.Two more question(for the moment until I think of anything else)how long did you wait for the bike and dI’d you make full bike payment up front?

Yep I’m not a crazy rider so everything is looking good to go.Two more question(for the moment until I think of anything else)how long did you wait for the bike and dI’d you make full bike payment up front?
Yep I paid up front for the bike, but then made some small extra payments for the dropper post, programming cable etc, I know some on here paid a deposit then more later however. I ordered on 9th June, bike arrived 14th Sept and battery a week or so later.

Yep I paid up front for the bike, but then made some small extra payments for the dropper post, programming cable etc, I know some on here paid a deposit then more later however. I ordered on 9th June, bike arrived 14th Sept and battery a week or so later.
Grace just emailed me.’shipping by air to door 1200usd.If shipped to port self pick up 380usd you need to pay tax at your end.We cannot make custom clearance it must be consignee’

Grace just emailed me.’shipping by air to door 1200usd.If shipped to port self pick up 380usd you need to pay tax at your end.We cannot make custom clearance it must be consignee’
I can’t remember what part of the cost of the original bowl was shipping, then iPod extra on top of that. It may be about the same, but I’m not sure. The port collection thing may be a new requirement due to shipping issues or Covid or something else?

I can’t remember what part of the cost of the original bowl was shipping, then iPod extra on top of that. It may be about the same, but I’m not sure. The port collection thing may be a new requirement due to shipping issues or Covid or something else?
I’ve asked about her knowledge of a dumping tax.

Could it be because bike arrives without battery it is not classed as an e bike?Hence no dumping charge?just a thought.
It could be, I was really worried about the tax, hence starting this thread at the time, myself and a couple others talked about it and I don’t think anyone had been hit with the tax, which worse case could be something like 50% of the cost on top. I can guarantee if I was just lucky or Frey have got it spot on and it’s sorted

It could be, I was really worried about the tax, hence starting this thread at the time, myself and a couple others talked about it and I don’t think anyone had been hit with the tax, which worse case could be something like 50% of the cost on top. I can guarantee if I was just lucky or Frey have got it spot on and it’s sorted
I think I will put questions to Frey about it.Hopefully there is a way around it otherwise what Hope would uk dealers of Chinese bikes have in importing them .I know Frey bikes are still available in uk and more expected.

Could it be because bike arrives without battery it is not classed as an e bike?Hence no dumping charge?just a thought.
It makes no difference. Unless physically checked by customs it will be classed as declared on the paperwork.

Hi.So you reckon it would be a real risk to buy?
Well I wouldn't go that far but budget expecting you might have some extra costs once it arrives in UK.

Frey will put a lower value on the invoice, typically $800, and this reduces your liability in regards to the dumping taxes. Its better than paying taxes on the actual full price.

Myself and another member on this forum both purchased Frey EX Pro's last year. Both delivered to UK at the same time on the same flight. He had to pay around £250 in fees. I had to pay £632.50.

The only differences we could see, is that it appeared my box had been checked by customs. Plus on the paperwork, one was declared using commodity code for bikes, the other for bike parts.

So just be wary that the actual cost can depend on how the forms have been filled out on the other end - or, if Customs actually check it.

Well I wouldn't go that far but budget expecting you might have some extra costs once it arrives in UK.

Frey will put a lower value on the invoice, typically $800, and this reduces your liability in regards to the dumping taxes. Its better than paying taxes on the actual full price.

Myself and another member on this forum both purchased Frey EX Pro's last year. Both delivered to UK at the same time on the same flight. He had to pay around £250 in fees. I had to pay £632.50.

The only differences we could see, is that it appeared my box had been checked by customs. Plus on the paperwork, one was declared using commodity code for bikes, the other for bike parts.

So just be wary that the actual cost can depend on how the forms have been filled out on the other end - or, if Customs actually check it.
Ok thanks.Would you do it again?

Purchased last June, delivered December 20, just in time for xmas :D.

Took a while due to Covid playing havoc with supply and delivery.

Purchased last June, delivered December 20, just in time for xmas :D.

Took a while due to Covid playing havoc with supply and delivery.
Ok .Thanks for your help I’ll keep you posted on how things progress.Probably Will bite the bullet and place an order providing I get assurances it won’t take more than 3 months to arrive.

Finally would anyone recommend any additional’bits’ be put on the bike?I intend to have a dropper added but would welcome advice from other Frey riders.I intend ordering the cc.thanks.

Finally would anyone recommend any additional’bits’ be put on the bike?I intend to have a dropper added but would welcome advice from other Frey riders.I intend ordering the cc.thanks.
Id say get these bits

Dropper Seat Post
Gear Shift Sensor
Lights - the lights aren't the best but its nice to have it already integrated.
Spare Derailleur Hanger
Pot of Touch-up Paint
Extra Charger, if you're commuting on it.

Back