Another Sondors CF Campaign.. This one on KS

One think I forgot --There is no mention on the warranty -- 30 days still the norm for Sonders?

There is no mention of any warranty on the Sondors Kickstarter pages. Not included in the FAQ either. Try submitting a question on that if you are a contributor, maybe you will get an answer. Since this is a crowdfunded item, don't make assumptions. Sondors' earlier event was with a different company, Indiegogo; however, neither crowdfunding platform has control over points like warranty. Thus the need to get Storm to clarify.

Last edited:
I asked about a warranty, I'm guessing it'll probably be until after the weekend before we get a response, likely in another update.

Interesting that Storm still isn't offering black / Orange colour combination, seemed to be a lot of people asking for it last time.

$300,000 in 3 days. Surprisingly strong demand, considering.

Sondors will probably be the highest selling eBike model in the USA this year.

I wouldn't doubt it, He does seem to have got the feature / value balance about right, I think making this campaign US only is a good idea. With a little communication from his side, he may have been able to make the rest of the world thing work, He didn't and for some countries, the bike didn't turn up. I hope he has learned some lessons from the last campaign in regards to communication.

With all the money he's getting, he'll probably throw in another battery... and another motor.

dual motor.JPG

Seriously thinking about buying one now. My Stromer will need a new battery soon, and that's $600. Or I can buy a Sondors for 500+200 +100 lcd + 85 battery $900!

New update is up. They added the aluminum as a separate purchase option. They also changed the current pricing to an early bird choice, available for the first 10 days only (I like this time based early bird vs most crowd funding where early bird are only a set number of units). No mention of warranty yet, but they said they would be updating the faq periodically.

There are still many people on the Sondors owner's Facebook group saying they have not received their bikes yet (especially international buyers). Isn't it interesting that the new Sondors campaign is on a different platform (Kickstarter vs Indie) and this time No International sales.

Limiting distribution of a product to one country or one continent can make for less headaches when it comes time for fulfillment of said product. Not so mysterious if one has already experienced the challenges of shipping a regulated product worldwide.

jazz..... I added another 350watt hub motor to the front wheel, AND it really wakes this bike up, so agree on the option to have a high watt motor.
I'll probably upgrade later to 48volt 1000watt/fr/rr on my sonders just to see what it's like.

Fenders - big-o fit nice.

What battery setup are you using to power dual motors? 2 controllers and linking one pas/throttle system? Just curious, one4torque. We've played around with the dual motor gig, it was a ton of fun but really strained the wheels and controllers with all the torque.

Annm - I bought the cheapest dir drive 350 watt front tire fat bike kit I could find @ $250, local (ebay).

* I stuffed 2 controllers in the sondors box.
* Brake defeat - front brake defeats the front motor, rear brake defeats the rear motor. Hit both when braking.
* PAS on rear motor only. I found the PAS for the cheapo dir drive to just act like an ON switch to highest rpm using up too much battery.
* 2nd batt is a frog type chinese battery on the seat post. 36v 10ah.
* top speed with sondors tires no PAS = 25mph. top speed with single drive sounders = 19.5mph. Now top speed with vee8 tires = 22mph (no pas).
* distance with 2wd - I was running 20 miles with single sondors motor and 2 batts..... was curious how batt life would be with 2 motors..... I rode 21 miles yest, and sondors motor batt had orange level, and front motor batt down to red, but still both running good with 22 mph top speed no PAS..... no appreciable loss in range, which I attribute to being in the sweet spot of each motor for the speed/range covered.
*** caveat - I add PAS with the two motors to get the range..... I have not yet tested no PAS range with both motors pinned!

another unintended bennie with this arrangement: the stock geared sondors rear motor is for getting up to speed (19mph), and for hills, offroad stuff..... with front motor assist...... then above 19.5 mph cruising..... no power goes to sondors geared motor.... just cruise with the front dir drive motor..... which is prob why the sondors had more batt life left.

One thing to watch is the stability of the front fork with the new 350 dir drive motor assy..... with the big sondors tire up front a no hands ride @ 26mph yeilded bad wobble/harmonics shaking..... dangerous. This is corrected with the vee8 tire.... but still some funky stability up front with the mass of the motor and the fork size/design/angles...... so BOTH HANDS ON THE BARS with 2WD. :)

Another safety note.... I've got a tq arm coming for the front forks. (Overkill for 350 watt I'm sure).

I also have some aircraft SS safety wire I'll use to lock the front axle to the forks just in case one of the course nuts backs out. I'd prefer a more fine thread....but you get what you get.

Nice! Creative, and yes it's still a good idea to use torque arms with the steel forks. It's mostly an issue with the quality of the dropouts and how hard the motor engages when started. The degradation of the dropouts can be slow, but once the motor wires slip, then its Rip and a difficult repair for the wiring harness or possible short of the motor/controller.

With 10 days to go, the Sondors KS Campaign has $1.1M pledged and 1500 eBikes reserved.

There are accumulating problems with the original bikes and Storm is struggling with supplying the parts. Great opportunity for 3rd party sellers.

There have been a few 3rd party vendors step up to offer upgraded parts for the Sondors. The upgrades are not expensive and the numbers needing these parts so far have been small.
It is nice to see how easy it is to get parts for this bike. Looking forward to round 2 :)

Back