ANOTHER RELUCTANT CONVERT... BUT NOT REALLY (LOL)

Well, I'm starting to see some of the limits on this bike. First, the bottom bracket (okay, then bash plate) is low and prone to strikes. I've cracked mine already and crushed the speed sensor wires on the back (it's all good now). I've also reached the performance limits of the Tektro 4-piston brakes. I've just swapped out the front pads with metallic and just ordered the 220mm rotors from Magura (MDR-P)... that should provide a boost in stopping power and heat dissipation (I've only done the front because most of the brake forces come from the front... my rear brakes have haven't faded yet). I followed a couple of really good riders on YT Decoys yesterday on some really gnarly trail and had to ride near 90% just to keep up. I think once I've sorted out the braking and get more comfortable on this bike (I've taken it to the jump park just to get a feel of it in the air), I hope to maintain the same speed but lower my margin to 80%. =P
Does your bottom bracket sit closer to the ground then the larger size frames? I haven't seen a spec that actually show the height from the ground I know the drops different.

Does your bottom bracket sit closer to the ground then the larger size frames? I haven't seen a spec that actually show the height from the ground I know the drops different.
I'm not sure. The BB height (or distance to ground) is not part of the geo spec. So I've swapped out the headset for an angleset, and in theory, a 1.5 deg HA change is about a 2.5mm drop in BB height but the angleset I installed had an external cup and my fork is 10mm longer so I should actually be gaining clearance. =)

I'm not sure. The BB height (or distance to ground) is not part of the geo spec. So I've swapped out the headset for an angleset, and in theory, a 1.5 deg HA change is about a 2.5mm drop in BB height but the angleset I installed had an external cup and my fork is 10mm longer so I should actually be gaining clearance. =)
I wouldn't worry about it next thing they'll come up with a bunny hop boost button or telescoping suspension button so you can raise your BB momentarily😃

One year later and this entry level bike is anything but (RS Lyrik Ultimate fork at 170mm, Fox Float X2 at 185X55, Shimano Zee brakes, SRAM X01 drivetrain, Maxxis Minion DHF HRII tires, Magura MDP front rotor). This bike is killin' it!
1641159374269.png

Bike in action:

1641159406888.png

I'm waiting for the new Reign e2 to be available up north here. Great to see
One year later and this entry level bike is anything but (RS Lyrik Ultimate fork at 170mm, Fox Float X2 at 185X55, Shimano Zee brakes, SRAM X01 drivetrain, Maxxis Minion DHF HRII tires, Magura MDP front rotor). This bike is killin' it!
View attachment 110911

Bike in action:

View attachment 110912
Great to see the bike is working out well for you. I am waiting for the new Reign E2 to be available up north here.

Back