ANOTHER RELUCTANT CONVERT... BUT NOT REALLY (LOL)

So it's supposed to be gender-specific for women (Liv) but honestly, I can't tell the difference. Frankly, I rode my acoustic bike a couple of days ago and found how uncomfortable that saddle was initially (WTB Silverado) when I've been riding that bike all year compared to this new e-bike.

BTW, ust installed the fork and an Angleset (1.5 deg... now the HTA is at 65 deg). Feels SO MUCH NICER compared to the crappy old fork and the stacker angle (parking lot test). For sure a mini-enduro rig.
GREAT now I'm looking at upgrading my fork even more than I was before! Oh well Red headed stepchild is bound to get me in more trouble

GREAT now I'm looking at upgrading my fork even more than I was before! Oh well Red headed stepchild is bound to get me in more trouble
Nomad... what e-bike did you get and what kind of fork are you changing out?

I'm really not finicky when it comes to suspension. My DH bike has crap Gen 1 World Cup forks but I just set it to soft so it feels plusher. But this RL Gold is by far the worst feeling fork I've ever tried even after service (big improvement from when I got it).

Nomad... what e-bike did you get and what kind of fork are you changing out?

I'm really not finicky when it comes to suspension. My DH bike has crap Gen 1 World Cup forks but I just set it to soft so it feels plusher. But this RL Gold is by far the worst feeling fork I've ever tried even after service (big improvement from when I got it).
I have a 2020 Stance e2 that I have already upgrade my drivetrain to XT and added a dropper. The XT was night and day the fork is still the stock XCR

@microfiz: There is something making the equal models of Trance and Intrigue different, I think. It is about the fork. Yours has been the RL Gold. Mine is FOX 36 Float Rhythm 27.5+. Strange, right?

@microfiz: There is something making the equal models of Trance and Intrigue different, I think. It is about the fork. Yours has been the RL Gold. Mine is FOX 36 Float Rhythm 27.5+. Strange, right?
Hi Stefan... I already knew the fork would be sub-par but was shocked (pun intended) that it performed worse than my low expectations. The comparable Trance model of the Liv I got also specs the Gold RL fork.

I have a 2020 Stance e2 that I have already upgrade my drivetrain to XT and added a dropper. The XT was night and day the fork is still the stock XCR
I can't speak for the Suntour fork. Is this your bike?

Spec components look pretty decent for that price point. Looks like you can also increase travel to 140mm (internal adjust). I can only speak from personal experience but the fork makes a lot of difference in how the bike feels, performs and really, how it connects with you. I really hated this bike on the first parking lot test... could not lift the front end at all to manual. After the switch to Pike, the front pulls up like my enduro bike despite the long chainstay (has to do with more responsive fork and weight).

Hi Stefan... I already knew the fork would be sub-par but was shocked (pun intended) that it performed worse than my low expectations. The comparable Trance model of the Liv I got also specs the Gold RL fork.
Ah, that's because that's the version 3. Mine is 2.

Holy s*it... this bike is amaze-ballz! I was doing some suspension tuning at a local downhill run and man, did this thing shred! It even jumped predictably and descended playfully despite being longer than my other bikes! It was already good with the 66.5 deg HTA but at 65, it's just freakin' nuts!

On a positive note, I got a new charger. Going to do fine tuning of the suspension today. =)
Glad to here that I rode mine to work and back one day without assist I put some new DT swiss wheels on and forgot to put the mag on. funny thing it didn't effect the power assist till I got down the road a ways then the middle led turned red so I shut it off when I realize what I did.

I can't speak for the Suntour fork. Is this your bike?

Spec components look pretty decent for that price point. Looks like you can also increase travel to 140mm (internal adjust). I can only speak from personal experience but the fork makes a lot of difference in how the bike feels, performs and really, how it connects with you. I really hated this bike on the first parking lot test... could not lift the front end at all to manual. After the switch to Pike, the front pulls up like my enduro bike despite the long chainstay (has to do with more responsive fork and weight).
yup I paid less Than 3700 price tag it list for let just say I couldn't pass it up!

So it's supposed to be gender-specific for women (Liv) but honestly, I can't tell the difference. Frankly, I rode my acoustic bike a couple of days ago and found how uncomfortable that saddle was initially (WTB Silverado) when I've been riding that bike all year compared to this new e-bike.

BTW, ust installed the fork and an Angleset (1.5 deg... now the HTA is at 65 deg). Feels SO MUCH NICER compared to the crappy old fork and the stacker angle (parking lot test). For sure a mini-enduro rig.
Welcome @microfiz! Last year I bought a Giant Trance. The specs were close to the Liv but the geometry subtly different. I was used to riding a
Liv Valle+ e and the Giant felt ‘stretched out‘ despite the specks. I returned it for a Liv Intrigue pro... wow...it felt so much more nimble. My two cents...a slight change in frame geometry can make a big difference. 🚴‍♀️

Welcome @microfiz! Last year I bought a Giant Trance. The specs were close to the Liv but the geometry subtly different. I was used to riding a
Liv Valle+ e and the Giant felt ‘stretched out‘ despite the specks. I returned it for a Liv Intrigue pro... wow...it felt so much more nimble. My two cents...a slight change in frame geometry can make a big difference. 🚴‍♀️
Ha! We could have traded and it would have been good for both of us... well, that's if you were looking for a small. After I made the fork and geometry change, this thing became a monster. Anna, what fork does your bike have? If it's the Gold RL, I STRONGLY recommend you switch it out. =)

Yesterday's ride with a buddy and his 3.5X expensive bike.

IMG_3566.jpg
IMG_3565.jpg

funny you should mention subtly differences when I changed my seat post out for a dropper I had to slide my saddle back all the way on the rails because while the seat tube it shelf remained same the attachment point it's self is more directly over the post on my dropper.

Ha! We could have traded and it would have been good for both of us... well, that's if you were looking for a small. After I made the fork and geometry change, this thing became a monster. Anna, what fork does your bike have? If it's the Gold RL, I STRONGLY recommend you switch it out. =)

Yesterday's ride with a buddy and his 3.5X expensive bike.

View attachment 76480View attachment 76481
I believe it does. It's a beautiful bike.... deserving of its price for sure. =)
@microfiz...Front suspension is a Fox 36 Float Rhythm but I notice the most benefit from the shock Fox Float DPS performance (Evol 3 position lever, 185 x 52.5mm). yep...it is a small. 🚴‍♀️

Well, I'm starting to see some of the limits on this bike. First, the bottom bracket (okay, then bash plate) is low and prone to strikes. I've cracked mine already and crushed the speed sensor wires on the back (it's all good now). I've also reached the performance limits of the Tektro 4-piston brakes. I've just swapped out the front pads with metallic and just ordered the 220mm rotors from Magura (MDR-P)... that should provide a boost in stopping power and heat dissipation (I've only done the front because most of the brake forces come from the front... my rear brakes have haven't faded yet). I followed a couple of really good riders on YT Decoys yesterday on some really gnarly trail and had to ride near 90% just to keep up. I think once I've sorted out the braking and get more comfortable on this bike (I've taken it to the jump park just to get a feel of it in the air), I hope to maintain the same speed but lower my margin to 80%. =P

Back