Another NYC Crackdown - 247 bikes seized in 24hrs

Court did a bike ride thru NYC a few months ago and in several other vids in NYC which happened to randomly show some bike delivery guys (and a few commuters) blasting away on sidewalks or thru traffic lights/stop signs WNFG. Those guys are a menace and I can see why the police are cracking down.
There are plenty of big cities like Philly where ebikes are legal, and where ebikes aren't being confiscated. Pennsylvania's ebike law is simple: one horsepower (750 watts), 20 MPH top assisted speed via throttle or pedal assist. Philly even enforces bike speed limits on multi use paths.

There's nothing different about NYC than any other big city. If the money spent on confiscation, storage and their grandstanding of crushing ebikes, not to mention the cost of disposing of the battery hazardous waste were spent on enforcing the law, it would be a better place for all ebikers. Including delivery ebikers. That way the politicians could still get their cheap fast food delivered, hot and cheap. Put the fear of God in the ebikers that they need to ride right, or big fines and points on their driver's license will be assessed.

Big cities all over the US and Europe are able to deal with ebikes, what's wrong with NYC?

That's what I meant. As far as I'm concerned the throttle should be used to get me through intersections as fast as possible because thats where I have the most close calls with the grim reaper. After that I go back to pedaling and being just another mild mannered cyclist.
Using a throttle lever or twist grip is not generally a "no-pedal" situation for an e-bike. Except for making high-speed tight right turns, I never stop pedaling a bike. Cadence control is all about shifting into the proper gear. Using the throttle control is ideal for a temporary assist to maintain optimal cadence.

This is awful. I guess its a few idiots that are abusing riding a bike. If its motorized stay off the sidewalk! and obey the traffic laws.

It's pretty sad the police have nothing better to do then take away Ebikes! Cars are more dangerous but those are not outlawed. They charge sales tax when people buy those backs? The city of New York should really revisit the rules on Ebikes. They want people to go green but not in New York City. Believe me they should be cleaning up other problems then bikes . I would never live there. I don't even like to visit because I don't want to pay taxes to help out stupid politicians. Just my thoughts.

I have a correction to make in my comment. That is; when the bikes are bought taxes are paid. The tax should be refunded by the city.

Sounds like a typical political reaction. Irresponsible users using a responsible product irresponsibly. Lets outlaw stones or shoes because someone may throw one. Leaders should try leading and looking ahead instead of following ill conceived rabbit holes they don't understand. I wonder how comforting the piles of money they accumulate will be when they face the destruction they have caused. Outlawing possible solutions to climate change because it does not line their pockets does not surprise me, just makes me wonder if man is really worthy of survival as a species. How did it come to be that the least qualified people have power over the whole. Time to wake up if there is still time.

Back