Statement Regarding Potential CPSC Ebike Law Preemption of 3-class Legislation

No. I was serious. Why do e-bikes need speed limits? Why do ebikes need to be legally classified into 3 groups? Etc.

BTW, the statement "No product sold or used in the US (or anywhere else for that matter) is without some regulations" is too broad and somewhat false. And in many cases, it's part of the problem. There are too many laws and regulations. You can't wake up and live your life without breaking some stupid law that you never knew existed.
If I had my way, governments should spend the next 12 years doing nothing but eliminating laws and regulations. And, if it required the elimination of people to do that, so be it.

No. I was serious. Why do e-bikes need speed limits? Why do ebikes need to be legally classified into 3 groups? Etc.

BTW, the statement "No product sold or used in the US (or anywhere else for that matter) is without some regulations" is too broad and somewhat false. And in many cases, it's part of the problem. There are too many laws and regulations. You can't wake up and live your life without breaking some stupid law that you never knew existed.
If I had my way, governments should spend the next 12 years doing nothing but eliminating laws and regulations. And, if it required the elimination of people to do that, so be it.
The problem is you can't even have a sports game without rules / regulations. I'm certainly with you on the crazy amount of regulations we have but we must remember that people do get hurt / killed occasionally so it makes sense to have regulations.

The 3-class regulation was drafted by the largest auto parts producer in the world. I am certain they did not draft it with the best interest of the ebike industry in mind. Sadly this is how a lot of laws are formed...big corporations in effect pull the strings of government.

Back