Ancheer died

But if I put one lead of the multimeter (set to Ohms) on one of the thick wires,(yellow, blue, or green), , and the other on the outside of the hub motor (where the spokes connect), I'm showing continuity at some wheel positions. Is this what you'd expect?

That's not what I call measuring continuity. You're measuring each wire to ground, and there will be transistors turning on/off between the phase wire and ground, if the controller was powered.

The continuity test is done between blue-yellow, green-blue, yellow-blue, controller disconnected, and supposed to tell you if the motor windings are intact, but it's not that good because the windings could be short circuited and still give you continuity.

The controller was disconnected when I did that test. I did test and got continuity among all three thick wires, controller disconnected. Also,the wheel got progressively harder to rotate backward when I connected 2, then 3, of the main thick wires, controller disconnected.

As for checking the thin wires, I don't know how to do that when the controller is connected.. They are so thin to try to make contact by probing through the insulation, and the plugs don't seem to provide access.
I do apologize if all this sounds very elementary, but somehow I've managed to live all these decades with so little knowledge of electricity. With the help of kind folks like yourself, Harry, I'd like to learn more. I have watched a lot of Youtube videos on the subject and actually know quite a bit more than I did a month ago, so that's something, I guess.

If you burned it up, you can buy a 500W motor on amazon for $125. Spokes will cost you about $25. if you put it into the Ancheer rim. Takes some experience to measure/order them and also to spoke the wheel, but it's not that hard.
I have a Hyper-ebike

I destroyed bent the rear wheel. I called them and they quoted 35 dollars for wheel,motor,spokes assembly complete.
Some cheap bikes have cheap parts. bad news the wheel was on backorder. Some cheap bikes have cheap parts.

Back