Amego Infinte/Magnum Metro+/Voltbike Bravo

erider_61

Looking for any owners experiences with these 3 eBikes. These are all very similar in terms of features. The Metro & the Infinite are basically clones of each other with the same 500W Das rear hub motors. The Bravo has a Bafang 8Fun 500W motor. All have a similar battery at 13 Ah & USB charging ports. All have cadence sensor & throttle although the Bravo has 20 mph PAS while the Infinite has 25 mph PAS & the Metro+ 28 mph PAS. All have a spring fork, similar Torque ratings 80-90 Nm. The Infinite & Metro+ use a trigger shifter & the Bravo has a thumb shifter. The Canadian dealers I am looking at either have free shipping or Voltbike charges $49 CDN for the Bravo. The only big real difference I can see is the Voltbike Bravo uses mechanical disc brakes vs the other 2 being hydraulic disc. This is not a deal breaker for me as the Bravo pricing is so much lower & is a 2019 model while the other 2 are 2018 models. The Magnum Metro+ lists for $2,600 CDN, the Amego Infinite for $2,299 CDN & the Voltbike Bravo is $1,699 CDN on sale with a regular price of $2,899. I am including the links to all 3 bike reviews on this site & hope members here can offer any insights on which bike is truly better value. I can't justify $600-$900 CDN more for hydraulic disc brakes over mechanical disc brakes on the Voltbike Bravo.
1552666294270.png

1552666255840.png

1552666209186.png

https://electricbikereview.com/magnum/metro-plus/

https://electricbikereview.com/amego/infinite/

https://electricbikereview.com/voltbike/bravo/

I own a Metro+. It will not get to 28mph, stops assisting around 25 mph on the highest level of PAS. Well, it will get to 28 mph but you'll be doing all of the work! I've had a few issues with broken spokes, I now check their tension every other week if I'm using it alot and I haven't had any break since then but do find that I'm tightening a few every couple of weeks. The hydraulic disc brakes are great. I've heard mechanical disc brakes can be hard to get adjusted properly but I don't have any experience with those.

My biggest issue is with the battery connection (which will be the same for all of the bikes above). The Reention Dorado system isn't that durable in my experience. I've resorted to wrapping a bungee around the top of the battery and frame to make sure the electrical connector stays engaged. Without this bungee, the motor will cut in and out as the battery loses connection. With the bungee, this problem goes away. I've tried shimming the battery and connector and such but the bungee works best for me.

One other note: It looks like the voltbike has Kenda tires. I don't have any experience with those but the Schwalbe's that are on the Metro+ show hardly any wear after 1,800 miles or so.

I can get a further 15% discount (UberEats delivery program) on the Amego Infinite which would knock it down to $1,950 with free shipping. The Voltbike Bravo would be $1,747 including shipping and they include a helmet as well. I have emailed Voltbike to inquire about a hydraulic front disc brake kit and if that is in the $200 CDN range like the Amego one then that makes prices comparable. I am also asking about the controller Ah and Mosfet numbers, although I really don't know the technical side of this However the Voltbike is a 2019 vs the 2018 Amego model. Also the wiring looks a little cleaner on the Voltbike. All things considered I think I am leaning towards the Voltbike & can decide later if I really want/need hydraulic brakes.

I can get a further 15% discount (UberEats delivery program) on the Amego Infinite which would knock it down to $1,950 with free shipping. The Voltbike Bravo would be $1,747 including shipping and they include a helmet as well. I have emailed Voltbike to inquire about a hydraulic front disc brake kit and if that is in the $200 CDN range like the Amego one then that makes prices comparable. I am also asking about the controller Ah and Mosfet numbers, although I really don't know the technical side of this However the Voltbike is a 2019 vs the 2018 Amego model. Also the wiring looks a little cleaner on the Voltbike. All things considered I think I am leaning towards the Voltbike & can decide later if I really want/need hydraulic brakes.

Why don't you go test ride the Amego? since you are near Toronto according to your profile. And if you are intending to do UberEats, in Toronto I suspect, doesn't it make some business sense to have the bike store who sold you a bike in the same city? Amego keeps all the parts for the Infinite on hand so you would have minimal downtime if there was a problem.

Why don't you go test ride the Amego? since you are near Toronto according to your profile. And if you are intending to do UberEats, in Toronto I suspect, doesn't it make some business sense to have the bike store who sold you a bike in the same city? Amego keeps all the parts for the Infinite on hand so you would have minimal downtime if there was a problem.

I moved before Christmas and am now about 3 1/2 hours from Toronto. And I have no plan to do UberEats other than registering in order to get the discount if I chose to go with the Amego. Replacement parts would have to be shipped regardless of which brand I go with.

I doubt it's in $200 range for hydraulic brake kit.
Amego is $300 for both front & rear, Juiced is $474 for front & rear (excluding rotor).

That said I'm curious about Voltbike's pricing though, they might actually be able to sell them for $200.

Also sorry for my ignorance, but what's UberEats delivery program?

I would probably just upgrade the front brake to hydraulic if I wanted. I am sure you have heard of Uber the ride sharing program and UberEats is similar where you can order food from your local restaurant & have it delivered. Mainly done by cars but in big cities they also use bicycle delivery drivers.

.I also didn't understand how you could get a discount by having a UberEats account.
So when you buy a bike from Amego, you just enter the promo code I guess? Will UberEats give it to you?
I'm very curious because I know someone who is interested in Amego so I kind of want to let her know...because 15% is quite a bit.

From their website..."We have partnered with UberEats delivery riders on everything we sell. If you are registered as an UberEats delivery partner, you are eligible. 15% on Amego brand & 10% on all other ebikes"

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

What the heck lol that's a beach cruiser and completely different type of bike.. That was random

Not random at all. It's the bike in my avatar and the one I have posted about really wanting, but by the time I convert the $1,799 US cost, add duty & shipping plus tax, it works out to over $3,600 CDN. So I am being realistic and want something I can use this summer for commuting around town & maybe the rail trails that are in this small town on Lake Huron. The Voltbike Bravo would get me on the road for under $2,000 CDN. However I still hope to own The Ariel Rider Beach Cruiser one day, Goderich is a beach town after all...LOL And judging from @Tuna's avatar of the Electric Bike Co. Cruiser, he totally gets that vibe.

Looking for any owners experiences with these 3 eBikes. These are all very similar in terms of features. The Metro & the Infinite are basically clones of each other with the same 500W Das rear hub motors. The Bravo has a Bafang 8Fun 500W motor. All have a similar battery at 13 Ah & USB charging ports. All have cadence sensor & throttle although the Bravo has 20 mph PAS while the Infinite has 25 mph PAS & the Metro+ 28 mph PAS. All have a spring fork, similar Torque ratings 80-90 Nm. The Infinite & Metro+ use a trigger shifter & the Bravo has a thumb shifter. The Canadian dealers I am looking at either have free shipping or Voltbike charges $49 CDN for the Bravo. The only big real difference I can see is the Voltbike Bravo uses mechanical disc brakes vs the other 2 being hydraulic disc. This is not a deal breaker for me as the Bravo pricing is so much lower & is a 2019 model while the other 2 are 2018 models. The Magnum Metro+ lists for $2,600 CDN, the Amego Infinite for $2,299 CDN & the Voltbike Bravo is $1,699 CDN on sale with a regular price of $2,899. I am including the links to all 3 bike reviews on this site & hope members here can offer any insights on which bike is truly better value. I can't justify $600-$900 CDN more for hydraulic disc brakes over mechanical disc brakes on the Voltbike Bravo.
View attachment 30944
View attachment 30943

View attachment 30942

https://electricbikereview.com/magnum/metro-plus/

https://electricbikereview.com/amego/infinite/

https://electricbikereview.com/voltbike/bravo/
I saw a Volt and noticed that it was almost identical to my Metro+. The Volt has a better rack on the back wheel. I'm considering purchasing one if it fits.
I spoke to a Volt Rep and mentioned that they were almost identical. He said "probably". I've seen another bike that is also almost identical. My theory is that a factory in China makes these bikes with very few differences for a few different brands.
I would suggest that you do get the hydraulic disc brakes. They've saved me a few times when I've suddenly come up to a pillar or curb on a bike way.

I ended up getting the Voltbike Bravo in the end. What made me decide on it was they upgraded it in June of this year to include hydraulic disc brakes, a 14.5 Ah battery and a few other minor changes. It cost $200 more than the earlier model but I got all the features I was looking for. Although it is rated for 32 kph I am easily hitting 35-38 kph in PAS level 9. I have 1,300+ km on it now and extremely satisfied in the build quality and performance. Added a rear basket on top of the rack and panniers. Only missed a couple days of riding due to a couple big snow storms.

Attachments

• 20191026_150929.jpg
    20191026_150929.jpg
    595 KB · Views: 495
  • 20191026_144210.jpg
    20191026_144210.jpg
    898.4 KB · Views: 464
i got a metro and the constant breaking of rear spokes is killer!

Both the Metro and Bravo have 13 gauge spokes. I do admit to checking mine weekly as I do a fair bit of offroad/trail riding. Could be a weight issue if you are a heavier rider, but although I only weigh 165 lbs I often load the rear of the bike with groceries/beer, etc.

Back