Am I the only one on here who hasn't re-arranged my brake levers, shift levers, computer and throttle on the bars? (got pics of what you've done?)

I have been dialing in all the little details that make my CCS ride and feel the way I want it to. Yesterday I decided that the brake levers need to be moved more toward the center of the (stock) handlebars so that my fingers are in a better position on the levers, because right now they are way too close to the pivot, and need to be much closer to the ends of the levers to take advantage of the, well, leverage there. I think that I would also like the shift levers closer to the ends of the bar, so it seems like a no-brainer that on the right side of the bars, I will just swap the places of the mounts of the brake and shifter levers, and problem solved. The left side is a little more complicated with the throttle and computer mounted there, and I haven't decided how to re-arrange that side. So, I decided to come here and ask what everyone thinks, but when I was catching up reading some of the threads, I noticed in the pictures that I saw that NONE of the bikes seemed to have the levers mounted in the places that mine are (the way it came from the factory), haha.
So, if you'd like, please share a pic or description of how you've arranged your levers, throttle, computer, etc., and why?

I had to change mine around completely because I got new handlebars.

I put the display on the right since I'm planning to put an airhorn next to the throttle.

Put a light on because after I changed my fork the light can't point forward without a longer screw.

Postino handlebar.

Attachments

• 20180427_182509.jpg
    20180427_182509.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 417
I went completely overboard with mine I still have to clean the wiring up some. On the left side I installed a toggle switch for blinkers and a blinker switch relay. On the right hand side I added a speedometer I had to move the selector switch on the gears inward a couple of inches. And installed the right rear brake which cuts the motor off when applied. Also you can see the throttle is on the right side. I live up in the mountains though where there is two lane traffic 12 ft wide so the blinkers brake lights and headlights are mainly for my safety. I also fabricated a front fender for it .So I'm sure a lot of people will think it's silly looking, but I would rather look silly and be alive then look cool and no longer breathing. Have a great night

Attachments

• 0427182206.jpg
    0427182206.jpg
    814.2 KB · Views: 386
As the display can take up the most room on the bars I came up with a solution to get it off of them.

D628406E-6BBA-4FCE-899E-7C1E44510820.jpg

Whatever you configure as the OP notes they should fall easily to hand or eye for ease of use.

On my Bosch powered, Riese & Muller Nevo Nuvinci GH, I have added from left to right:

• Busch & Muller rear view mirror
  • secure cell phone mount
  • Ortlieb locking handlebar bag
  • the Nyon display, replacing the Intuvia
  • stem cap bottle cage mount
  • bottle cage doubler
  • Fabrik cageless water bottle
  • Clearon Bluetooth/FM/Horn speaker
  • Clearon wired remote control pad
20180428_130811.jpg

I have been dialing in all the little details that make my CCS ride and feel the way I want it to. Yesterday I decided that the brake levers need to be moved more toward the center of the (stock) handlebars so that my fingers are in a better position on the levers, because right now they are way too close to the pivot, and need to be much closer to the ends of the levers to take advantage of the, well, leverage there. I think that I would also like the shift levers closer to the ends of the bar, so it seems like a no-brainer that on the right side of the bars, I will just swap the places of the mounts of the brake and shifter levers, and problem solved. The left side is a little more complicated with the throttle and computer mounted there, and I haven't decided how to re-arrange that side. So, I decided to come here and ask what everyone thinks, but when I was catching up reading some of the threads, I noticed in the pictures that I saw that NONE of the bikes seemed to have the levers mounted in the places that mine are (the way it came from the factory), haha.
So, if you'd like, please share a pic or description of how you've arranged your levers, throttle, computer, etc., and why?
My handlebars remain as they came from Juiced, no changes. Well, OK, I added a bell and a controller for an after-market tail light, but didn't change anything to do that.

Back