Am I going full Wus or not?

wings02

After many hours of research, annoying posts, and returning a Limited model bike from Ride1UP, I may be going full circle and getting his and hers Lectric ebikes for me and my wife. I may stoop to further depths(no offense meant) and get the step thru model for myself. Mostly because the “men’s version have had some complaints about hitting knees and getting pants caught on the folding bracket. Lectric bikes are simple folding bikes that get a lot of positive reviews, especially from couples. They should provide a little relaxing togetherness exercise.
We’re 62 and 64 years old so my team USA cycling team hopes are in my rear view. I have a Cannondale analog bike so between occasional rides on that and swimming everyday, should give me a little cardio workout.
To be continued!!!!

Club riders would never wave at me, not even when I was 30. Maybe it was the dickies work clothes instead of bare knees & elbows & lycra. Now I have grey temples. My bike is girly green too, matches my green construction vest.
Do I worry about what club riders think because I ride a drop frame? Would they ever stop when i was pushing a blown tire? One lycra clad guy did kindly stop for me in 2015 when I'd purged my pump for parking in a bad neighborhood and had the tire knifed, but his CO2 cartridge wasn't big enough.

After many hours of research, annoying posts, and returning a Limited model bike from Ride1UP, I may be going full circle and getting his and hers Lectric ebikes for me and my wife. I may stoop to further depths(no offense meant) and get the step thru model for myself. Mostly because the “men’s version have had some complaints about hitting knees and getting pants caught on the folding bracket. Lectric bikes are simple folding bikes that get a lot of positive reviews, especially from couples. They should provide a little relaxing togetherness exercise.
We’re 62 and 64 years old so my team USA cycling team hopes are in my rear view. I have a Cannondale analog bike so between occasional rides on that and swimming everyday, should give me a little cardio workout.
To be continued!!!!

I am biased as I own a black lectric XP, have almost 200 miles in about 3 weeks of use. I am 63 and trying to ride every morning. For a grand, I am one happy camper. I do recommend a suspension seatpost and rear view mirror. For around town, it is perfect. I wouldn't take it out in the desert or even to the sand. Bike paths, sidewalks, streets and side roads absolutely. Just make sure you have somebody to come pick u up in case you get a rear flat...

Lectric xp is a popular bike and I am also interested in them as a neighborhood or vacation bike. Adjustable, fast, acceptable components. Responsive customer service. Looking at videos and forums it seems 1. They seem to have some quality control issues, ie bent derailleurs, brake disks, etc. 2. People that like them seem to make a lot of modifications ie seat, seat post, chain rings, pedals, even forks. It is a good price and nice that it can fold. I agree you are right to go with the step through. My husband wants a fat tire bike that has a suspension fork and bigger wheels so not a good fit for us. Nothing to lose really. If you do not like them I bet you can sell them quickly.

I went with the Sonders Fold XS. My wife is still getting the Lectric step-thru. The Lectric should be here in early September. The Sonders probably late September or October

To be continued!!!!

The step thru has a lower bottom bracket. If you want to have proper leg extension on your pedaling and also be able to reach the ground when stopped, you'll want the step through. I have the "regular" version and with the seat extended properly, I have to hop off at stops. There's no way I can touch the ground. If you don't care to pedal, then it doesn't matter.

Club riders would never wave at me, not even when I was 30. Maybe it was the dickies work clothes instead of bare knees & elbows & lycra. Now I have grey temples. My bike is girly green too, matches my green construction vest.
Do I worry about what club riders think because I ride a drop frame? Would they ever stop when i was pushing a blown tire? One lycra clad guy did kindly stop for me in 2015 when I'd purged my pump for parking in a bad neighborhood and had the tire knifed, but his CO2 cartridge wasn't big enough.
nothing girly about green! green E bikes are 100% badass lol

Back