Allant - Bosch Smartphone Hub

GuruUno

Attempting to digest, understand, learn, use and master the smartphone hub on the new Allant.
Poking around, I see that the Cobi app shows it is set to 2017mm for the wheel circumference and a 27.5x2.4 is 2217 yet the app only allows 2174mm max as a setting.
Also, it shows the weight of the bike as 22.069 lbs. and the bike weighs 51,5 lbs.

Any tips?

No idea @GuruUno but a question of curiosity. What is the maximum width of a smartphone that could be fitted in the Hub? Millimeters please if possible.

Regarding your question: have you tried to switch between Imperial and Metric both ways and see if any values make sense?

I know not the 'official" specs, however, my iPhone XR specs are below

I did not try to change the switch between metric and imperial, but the question has been asked

I own an Allant+ 8S With the Smart hub. I also have an Apple iPhone 11 max and an Apple Watch 5. Occasionally my heart beat does not connect to the display on the COBI phone (shows zero heart beat rate), with the Apple Watch Cobi App insisting I start the Cobi.bike app on my iphone to recieve the heart beat info. This usually happens after I do a second round for the day, it seems that the connection to the watch and phone get out of sync. Another problem I notice is that the directional compass on the COBI display sometimes gets out of phase by 90° overtime, So North is actually showing I’m going East. Then after riding a few minutes more I’ll notice it’s back to dead accurate, and then a little while later (10 minutes or so) it’s out of sync again. Is there anyone else having these issues? Otherwise I really enjoy having this display on my bike, this is a great Bluetooth connected vehicle implementation.

I see the very same thing: "the directional compass on the COBI display sometimes gets out of phase by 90°"
Next "thing" on my list :(

I own an Allant+ 8S With the Smart hub. I also have an Apple iPhone 11 max and an Apple Watch 5. Occasionally my heart beat does not connect to the display on the COBI phone (shows zero heart beat rate), with the Apple Watch Cobi App insisting I start the Cobi.bike app on my iphone to recieve the heart beat info. This usually happens after I do a second round for the day, it seems that the connection to the watch and phone get out of sync. Another problem I notice is that the directional compass on the COBI display sometimes gets out of phase by 90° overtime, So North is actually showing I’m going East. Then after riding a few minutes more I’ll notice it’s back to dead accurate, and then a little while later (10 minutes or so) it’s out of sync again. Is there anyone else having these issues? Otherwise I really enjoy having this display on my bike, this is a great Bluetooth connected vehicle implementation.
Does the iPhone 11pro mount on the SmartphoneHub? I was told the 11pro doesn’t fit the adapter.

I have no problem with the iPhone 11 Pro max mounting in the smart phone hub. In fact I have the Apple battery case for this phone and sometimes I even put the phone in its case on the mount. I will say it’s just barely secure enough and if I go were the roads are rough, I’ll just take the iPhone out of its case. I love the fact that the SmartphoneHub keeps the iPhone well charged. I just don’t understand why the compass is off by 90°, phasing in and out of correctness over time.

I recently had an iPhone ran over because it flew out of the smartphone hub mid ride. don't think I can recommend using it with my experience. does any one know of a way to prevent this from happening in the future?

I recently had an iPhone ran over because it flew out of the smartphone hub mid ride. don't think I can recommend using it with my experience. does any one know of a way to prevent this from happening in the future?
My phone never flew out but I never trusted the Bosch phone hub for that reason. I purchased a regular iPhone handlebar mount and use that instead.

Having had my 8 plus fly out of a handlebar mount, I decided a top bar bag was the best place for it. I spent about 10 minutes looking for it. Fortunately, a guy mowing the grass near the trail saw it and picked it up just before running it over!

Attachments

• 4014F68C-190E-4A79-AFFA-417319DB9198.jpeg
    4014F68C-190E-4A79-AFFA-417319DB9198.jpeg
    93 KB · Views: 331
Ihave an update on my COBI compass problem:
When I plug in my iPhone 8 the COBI compass is correct. I walk the bike through my yard up the street, turn right always correct. The second I touch my pedal the COBI compass goes 90 degrees clockwise. It stays off by 90 degrees the entire ride. Stopping the bike and not moving the pedals does not return the COBI compass to accurate. At all times my iPhone compass is correct.

Ihave an update on my COBI compass problem:
When I plug in my iPhone 8 the COBI compass is correct. I walk the bike through my yard up the street, turn right always correct. The second I touch my pedal the COBI compass goes 90 degrees clockwise. It stays off by 90 degrees the entire ride. Stopping the bike and not moving the pedals does not return the COBI compass to accurate. At all times my iPhone compass is correct.
Has anyone found a solution for this. COBI. compass problem.

My solution to the flying phone problem is that I use an obsolete one that I had in a drawer. It's a google nexus phone. I downloaded offline maps for my riding area, and use it without a sim card. It works fine within the limitations of cobi.bike, which is the worst documented app I've ever used. It has all too many quirks, along with a Germanic focus, so it seems. For example, for us folks in North America, what are Rydies? Why do we need to do offline routing in Komoot, but upload rides to Strava? Where is the latter documented?

No idea @GuruUno but a question of curiosity. What is the maximum width of a smartphone that could be fitted in the Hub? Millimeters please if possible.

Regarding your question: have you tried to switch between Imperial and Metric both ways and see if any values make sense?
Just got the trek alliant 8 and the hub is quite tight on my iPhone 12 Mac Pro. Any suggestions? Thanks

Back