Allant 7 charger

Silvercat

Hi,
Just picked up my new Allant 7 from a Trek Corporate store this afternoon. However, upon arriving, the manager tells me that the brakes were leaking and, as a result, they de died to upgrade the brakes at no additional charge, to a Shimano brake. Seemed sketchy to me. Cannot recall if original brakes were Shimano or another make.
Upon arriving home, I just noticed the compact 2amp charger. Should the 4amp charger, not a 2 amp, not have been included? I
am aware the 4amp charges the 500 battery in about half the time.
Curious to hear recommendations!
Thank you!

If you refer to Trek's spec sheet on their Trek Allant+7 web page Shimano MT 200 brakes are specified as is a 4 amp charger.

Hi,
Just picked up my new Allant 7 from a Trek Corporate store this afternoon. However, upon arriving, the manager tells me that the brakes were leaking and, as a result, they de died to upgrade the brakes at no additional charge, to a Shimano brake. Seemed sketchy to me. Cannot recall if original brakes were Shimano or another make.
Upon arriving home, I just noticed the compact 2amp charger. Should the 4amp charger, not a 2 amp, not have been included? I
Thank you!
right should be the 4 amp charger. you would need the model number on the caliper to know what they are. make sure they are 4 piston and not 2.

right should be the 4 amp charger. you would need the model number on the caliper to know what they are. make sure they are 4 piston and not 2.
Thank you. I will be contacting Trek Corporate in Wisconsin. I have had positive talks with them before.
If I confirm that the Burnaby, BC Trek corporate store has been dishonest in any way, they will face significant consequences. I have absolutely zero tolerance for any underhanded behaviour. I likely will return my Trek Allant 7 for a full refund and purchase from another store (although there may be significant delays).

Hi,
Thank you!
Picked up wife's Allant 7 last week, will pick up mine this coming Thursday... got home & noticed they had given me the 2 amp charger (spec. on website says it should come with the 4 amp) call & told them, the sales rep said her mistake & I drove back and exchanged for the 4 amp. (The Verve bikes come with the 2 amp).

Picked up wife's Allant 7 last week, will pick up mine this coming Thursday... got home & noticed they had given me the 2 amp charger (spec. on website says it should come with the 4 amp) call & told them, the sales rep said her mistake & I drove back and exchanged for the 4 amp. (The Verve bikes come with the 2 amp).
Good you caught that. I am very sceptical about what I have experienced from a Trek Corporate store. First, the manager says the brakes were leaking and he gave me an upgrade with Shimano brakes (specs clearly show Shimano brakes), he tells me it was a lengthy complex job to complete that repair, then I notice a paint chip clearly visible on top frame of the Allant 7, then I receive a 2 amp charger. NOT IMPRESSED TO SAY THE LEAST!
I called that store. I will be returning that bike. But, they will not be getting another Allant 7 XL frame until November. Salesperson said I will receive half the bike refund, and the other half will be the deposit on the new Allant 7 they will order.
I certainly will be extremely vigilant when that new Allant 7 arrives in November. Terribly annoying that I will miss 3 months of biking. But, I will not keep a damaged bike, so no choice.

Back