allant 7 and 9 charger

John Waldron

Region
USA
We have an Allant 7s and an Allant 9.9. The 7s has a 36V 4 amp charger; the 9.9 has a smaller 36V 2 amp charger. Can these be interchanged or is that a bad idea? The 7s is a 500 watt battery, and the 9.9 is a 625 with an additional range extender.

We have an Allant 7s and an Allant 9.9. The 7s has a 36V 4 amp charger; the 9.9 has a smaller 36V 2 amp charger. Can these be interchanged or is that a bad idea? The 7s is a 500 watt battery, and the 9.9 is a 625 with an additional range extender.
yes they are all the same just the speed will change on charging. they were just being cheap giving you the smaller charger. it could take forever to charge the big batter with the smaller charger. my 8 came with the usual 4 amp charger like all my bosch bike have.

The 9s has the 4amp…I use the 2amp because its setup in the barn…I will take the 4amp on trips…I usually only ride once a day and find the 2amp fine for charging where time is not an issue. Both work fine on my 7s and 9s

The specified charger that comes with the 9.9S is the 4 amp charger. Yes the 2 amp will work just fine, it will just take twice as long to complete a charge. Your dealer gave you the wrong charger with your bike. Bosch calls this a "travel" charger as it is smaller and lighter. The travel charger with its lower power draw is a good choice to use in your car with a small dc to ac power inverter plugged into the cigarette lighter jack. Many newer cars come with an built in inverter with an ac outlet.

The specified charger that comes with the 9.9S is the 4 amp charger. Yes the 2 amp will work just fine, it will just take twice as long to complete a charge. Your dealer gave you the wrong charger with your bike. Bosch calls this a "travel" charger as it is smaller and lighter. The travel charger with its lower power draw is a good choice to use in your car with a small dc to ac power inverter plugged into the cigarette lighter jack. Many newer cars come with an built in inverter with an ac outlet.
I think they also come with the 400 watt battery bikes.

I charge my Allant with 625w & 500w Range extender simultaneously with the 4amp. My & wife’s Verve 3 both came with the 2amp. I agree with fooferdoggie and Alaskan that you got short-changed with the 2amp for your Allant.

Back