Aftermarket carbon frameset that fits Mahle X35 system...

RC51rydr

Hello All, I have an Orbea Gain D20 which is a aluminum frameset and want to see if there are any Chinese manufacturers that I can buy just a carbon frameset so I can transplant the Mahle X35 system and the groupset onto? I'm not having any luck with finding a used carbon e-bike frameset online. Want to build a lighter weight e-bike with deeper profile wheels as well.

Attachments

• 20211203_103102.jpg
    20211203_103102.jpg
    922.8 KB · Views: 144
Hello All, I have an Orbea Gain D20 which is a aluminum frameset and want to see if there are any Chinese manufacturers that I can buy just a carbon frameset so I can transplant the Mahle X35 system and the groupset onto? I'm not having any luck with finding a used carbon e-bike frameset online. Want to build a lighter weight e-bike with deeper profile wheels as well.
I think finding a carbon frame upgrade would be very challenging. The rear dropouts for the motor axels are probably custom made for Orbea e-bikes.

Agree. You’d do better selling your D20 and buying an M series Gain. I doubt a Chinese carbon frame would be much lighter than your aluminium one. In truth, there is not a lot of weight saving to be had unless you buy top of the range stuff - carbon wheels, bars, race tyres etc - and any weight saving is negated as soon as you switch that motor on anyway! For speedier travel on the flat with the motor off, unless you are already super skinny, losing a kg or two yourself would be better (I could lose 20kg myself!)
You can have your existing rear wheel (hub motor) rebuilt with a deeper dish rim (or DIY) and buy a matching front wheel.
Gain D10 here, 14k kms so far.

Back