J.R.

Region
USA
City
Piedmont Highlands
Good News!
E-Bike-Vision-Powerpack-272x204.jpg

Replacement Batteries from E-Bike Vision

ALZENAU, Germany – E-Bike Vision GmbH, located close to Frankfurt launches new replacement batteries for the Bosch Classic drive system as well as Gazelle Innergy (XT) drive systems.

E-Bike Vision allready delivers replacement batteries for the Panasonic 26V drive system which will be extended with the ones for the Panasonic 36V drive system, later this year. The Power Packs for the Panasonic 26V drive system are available with 18 Ah, 21 Ah and 25 Ah and the Power Packs for the Panasonic 36V drive system will be available with 13 Ah and 17 Ah.

The Power Packs for the Innergy (XT) drive system are available with 10,4 Ah and 13,6 Ah. The Power Packs for the Bosch Classic drive system are avilable with 468 Wh and 612 Wh.

Production in Germany
All E-Bike Vision batteries are developed and produced in Germany. All employees have years of experience in the e-bike battery market and this experience is used for the new intelligent batteries. All batteries have an integrated Battery Management System with all safety features for Lithium batteries. All batteries are backwards compatible to the existing chargers of the different drive systems, but have an additional integrated charge socket for the E-Bike Vision fast chargers with charge current of 6 Amps (for 26V Power Packs) and with charge current of 7 Amps (for 36V PowerPacks).

E-Bike Vision offers a 24 months warranty and a 48 hour service for their Power Packs.

by JACK OORTWIJN (Bike Europe) 8:40 last update:18 Jun 2015

Very good news!!

I'm wondering if they're going to offer batteries for the Bosch Performance Line...or perhaps the Performance Line PowerPack 400 batteries are too recent to require replacements, hence keeping the aftermarket from offering replacement batteries?

I'm glad to see that their replacement batteries are going to be big. 612Wh is great! Bosch is offering a 500Wh PowerPack 500 in 2016, which is a 25% bump in energy capacity vs. what their biggest is now:

http://overvolted.com/2016-bosch-ebike-product-updates/

erhaps the Performance Line PowerPack 400 batteries are too recent to require replacements

I agree with the wisdom of that. I figure I do approximately a half charge every 20 miles, which would be one full charge cycle for 40 miles. Multiply that by 1000 cycles and we're talking 40,000 miles.

Point is, unless my battery blows up or is defective somehow I don't anticipate ever replacing it. :)

I'm wondering if they're going to offer batteries for the Bosch Performance Line...or perhaps the Performance Line PowerPack 400 batteries are too recent to require replacements, hence keeping the aftermarket from offering replacement batteries?

I'm glad to see that their replacement batteries are going to be big. 612Wh is great! Bosch is offering a 500Wh PowerPack 500 in 2016, which is a 25% bump in energy capacity vs. what their biggest is now:

http://overvolted.com/2016-bosch-ebike-product-updates/
Wondering the same myself! 13ah & 17ah is real improvement for Bosch systems. The tiny Bosch batteries and the closed systems are/were the only thing holding them back.

Good News!

ALZENAU, Germany – E-Bike Vision GmbH, located close to Frankfurt launches new replacement batteries for the Bosch Classic drive system as well as Gazelle Innergy (XT) drive systems.

E-Bike Vision allready delivers replacement batteries for the Panasonic 26V drive system which will be extended with the ones for the Panasonic 36V drive system, later this year. The Power Packs for the Panasonic 26V drive system are available with 18 Ah, 21 Ah and 25 Ah and the Power Packs for the Panasonic 36V drive system will be available with 13 Ah and 17 Ah.

The Power Packs for the Innergy (XT) drive system are available with 10,4 Ah and 13,6 Ah. The Power Packs for the Bosch Classic drive system are avilable with 468 Wh and 612 Wh.

Production in Germany
All E-Bike Vision batteries are developed and produced in Germany. All employees have years of experience in the e-bike battery market and this experience is used for the new intelligent batteries. All batteries have an integrated Battery Management System with all safety features for Lithium batteries. All batteries are backwards compatible to the existing chargers of the different drive systems, but have an additional integrated charge socket for the E-Bike Vision fast chargers with charge current of 6 Amps (for 26V Power Packs) and with charge current of 7 Amps (for 36V PowerPacks).

E-Bike Vision offers a 24 months warranty and a 48 hour service for their Power Packs.

Very good news!!

Great find.
Wish it was extended for performance line also.

I never thought this much would be possible! Can all Bosch lines be far behind? At least there's hope...

RE; I was told by the battery supplier that the more recent Bosch batteries are individually paired with each drive.

hmmm...I wonder that that really means. I have two Active line bikes, and I interchange the batteries between bikes, (and even the head units.) It seems to me I could put these batteries on the Performance line as well. Sooner or later I'll get to my LBS and ask about that, as I know they have Performance line bikes.

Last edited:
My guess is that the batteries for Active and Performance are interchangeable and there is some sort of verification protocol. However, unless it's encrypted, someone will hack it.

When I saw you guys discussing this, at first I thought you meant the batteries were paired based on Active or Performance line (makes sense). I don't know that they would pair them up on the individual bike. What about people who own more than one? For that matter, what about people who buy an extra battery, would they have to get it programmed to work on their bike?

I was just quoted $900 for a replacement battery for my EFlow E3 Nitro, I hope there is a cheaper alternative before I really need one.

I did take my bike to my LBS. I have active line. We swapped every combination of battery and head unit between Active and Performance line bikes...all worked.

In the Bosch thread I posted about my unsuccessful attempt to buy a Performance line motor to upgrade my bike :-(

I did take my bike to my LBS. I have active line. We swapped every combination of battery and head unit between Active and Performance line bikes...all worked.

In the Bosch thread I posted about my unsuccessful attempt to buy a Performance line motor to upgrade my bike :-(
Read your posts, very short sighted of Bosch! Love the bikes, hate the closed business model.

Good News!

Production in Germany

Very good news!!
I never thought this much would be possible! Can all Bosch lines be far behind? At least there's hope...
https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...l?spm=a2700.7724857.main07.360.2bd13975Ts6xeY

I kinda feel that to try a aftermarket battery could mess with the electronic circuitry of your bike. It would certainly void your warranty if you still have one.
I guess for now if I need a Bosch for my Haibike I'll have to bite the bullet, or try to wait out a possible better battery from Bosch for similar amount of money.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...pm=a2700.details.maylikever.10.697a8c3ezYjwy5

If I was attempting a Chinese replacement, I'd go for the upgrade to the 500Wh battery, it isn't that much more expensive. This supplier also specifies Panasonic or Sanyo batteries, seems like a better quality control.
Warranty is half of Haibike's two years. Output is confusing at 10-20Ah. I've also heard that Chinese packs that advertise brand names don't necessarily use them. Who's going to cut them open to inspect?

Warranty is half of Haibike's two years. Output is confusing at 10-20Ah. I've also heard that Chinese packs that advertise brand names don't necessarily use them. Who's going to cut them open to inspect?

Who has cut open the Bosch battery? There are multiple aftermarket batteries available, shipping Li ion is problematic but the cost shows how badly overpriced the official Bosch battery really is.
https://compass.alibaba.com/detail/...671,60615699862,60633788518,60703838998&pids=

Back