Aftermarket Batteries for Bosch Coming in 2015

Who has cut open the Bosch battery? There are multiple aftermarket batteries available, shipping Li ion is problematic but the cost shows how badly overpriced the official Bosch battery really is.
https://compass.alibaba.com/detail/...671,60615699862,60633788518,60703838998&pids=

Just because an aftermarket battery is available, doesn't mean it's the same quality as Bosch. I won't be ordering from "Chinese eBay" for a replacement for my $4,000 bike any time soon!

Just because an aftermarket battery is available, doesn't mean it's the same quality as Bosch. I won't be ordering from "Chinese eBay" for a replacement for my $4,000 bike any time soon!

2nd that. I'd rather spend the money and buy a Bosch pack from a dealer. For one, if there is a problem with the Bosch battery you have a place to return it and get the replacement. From what I've heard, Bosch has been good about replacing batteries through their delaers. And having batteries shipped if ordered from overseas can't be cheap or easy and I suspect will be getting more difficult and expensive in the near future.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/20/technology/laptops-ban-checked-luggage/index.html

My biggest issue is the small capacity of the batteries on offer, as well as lack of connections. A single USB port with a measly 500mA is not enough! I want at least 1A into the mobile phone, plus energy for an action camera, sound system and grip warmers (in winter). So when I see 1kWh and 2kWh aftermarket batteries, it's very tempting. They are not Bosch-compatible, though. But they'll work perfectly fine with Yamaha drives, apparently.

After due consideration and huge temptation, I opted for the 500 wH Bosch battery as an upgrade and backup to the stock 400 wH battery that came with my Haibike. I'm now somewhat free from the constrained US dealership network since I also upgraded to a Nyon setup which allows me to update via the Internet. The entire package is simply too expensive to walk away from an occasional visit to a certified dealer. If folks have success with the generic versions, I'll be watching for their results. Cheers.

If found this 650wh Bosch Powerpack replacement.

Translated text:

Battery compatible with the Bosch Powerpack system.
650Wh capacity.
Lg cells 3,600 mAh.
Measurements, L320mm X AL98mm X An90mm.
Compatible with the original Bosch anchor
Possibility of choosing the color of the stickers to adapt them to the colors of the bicycle.
Not compatible with:
Lapierre Overvolt AM600-700-800-900.
Semi compatible with Some models of Trek and Mustache not placing the top cover.
2 Year Warranty

Price 650 euros.
Shipping included to peninsula.

Also,

We replace lithium cells in your old battery, for new cells.
We also increase the capacity up to 650Wh, if your old battery is 400Wh or 500Wh.

I know nothing about the ins and outs of replacing Bosch Powerpack batteries but the idea of 30 percent more range is damned tempting. Does anyone know anything about this?

Back