Admitted Faulty Product Design

My bike's battery power connector also looked like this picture. The issue with Juiced Bikes is they flatly refused to supply me with the newer socket that doesn't have the defective recessed contacts. In order to fix this problem I did the following:

1. Opened up the top cap of the battery. The plastic piece with the power button.
2. Unsoldered the main discharge wires to remove the discharge port with the contacts.
3. Used a soldering iron to heat each pin enough to soften the surrounding plastic.
4. While the pins are still hot, push the pins downward onto a flat surface to bring them flush with the receptacle.
5. Solder battery discharge wires back to discharge port and reassemble.

The other contributing factor is the sloppy manufacturing tolerances of some of the 48v and 52v batteries. I've documented this in another forum thread, but basically the lock pin hole in the battery is oversized causing the disconnects. When you also factor in some of the earlier frames that didn't support the entire side of the battery, the cause of the issue becomes very clear.

I know of four other people that have later build CCX and HF1100 bikes with all of these problems remedied. They do not have any disconnect errors.

I have a Hyperfat 1100 that the ports melted. How do I fix this issue please and/ or remedies?

Back