Addmotor —WTF

aunika2007

Region
USA
I have an Addmotor M-340 Trike. It arrived Feb 22 of this year . Somehow i have a broken axel. I reported it June 1,at 2022. After sending pictures back and forth they said they would send me an axel and a video on how to replace it (seriously WTF)?.

On June 6th I got the fed ex tracking number . But the package was never sent. After going back and forth with them they finally admitted they never sent the Axle and they don’t even have any. Also that they hope to have some in the next two weeks.

This means a month with my bike collecting dust. I
have so much remorse for getting this bike . They have horrible customer service especially since these bikes aren’t cheep.

The bikes seem to be pretty good. But the customer service is not.
Big regret !!!

I can relate. I don't have a failure yet, but, I'm just an inevitable failure away from the same deal.

Moral of story - support is far more important than getting the best price.

Bought a bike and I liked it so much I bought 2 more.. original order I added an extra battery with the plans of swapping between the three of and when needed.. as luck would have it. Totally different battery and charger on the new bikes lol.. after going back and forth I was able to get them to send me some parts to make the original order match the last 2. So all batteries and chargers match.. fun stuff when you buy out of the country stuff or online. But I will say it getting take care of and I had to pay for the parts but it was fair … stealth EBikes has helped me tremendously.. he has worked hard to get this figured out and the original order want through him. Just an awesome guy all around

Bought a bike and I liked it so much I bought 2 more.. original order I added an extra battery with the plans of swapping between the three of and when needed.. as luck would have it. Totally different battery and charger on the new bikes lol.. after going back and forth I was able to get them to send me some parts to make the original order match the last 2. So all batteries and chargers match.. fun stuff when you buy out of the country stuff or online. But I will say it getting take care of and I had to pay for the parts but it was fair … stealth EBikes has helped me tremendously.. he has worked hard to get this figured out and the original order want through him. Just an awesome guy all around
Thank you for the feedback . I will check them out.

keep contacting them, don't threaten them or get aggressive and be patient.
Your issue could be partially due to the part in question and maybe some language barrier, not many trikes are sold so trike axels may not be a part they keep in stock.

I have an Addmotor M-340 Trike. It arrived Feb 22 of this year . Somehow i have a broken axel. I reported it June 1,at 2022. After sending pictures back and forth they said they would send me an axel and a video on how to replace it (seriously WTF)?.

On June 6th I got the fed ex tracking number . But the package was never sent. After going back and forth with them they finally admitted they never sent the Axle and they don’t even have any. Also that they hope to have some in the next two weeks.

have so much remorse for getting this bike . They have horrible customer service especially since these bikes aren’t cheep.

Big regret !!!
Thanks for posting. I am having problems getting replies for my new M-350 A. Addmotor is fast losing its reputation. Do you happen to know their USA Service/Support manager's name? It's sad because their service department employees are thwarting their Sales Manager, such a waste of creative engineering and advertising money. Addmotor's Sales Manager needs to be reminded that when potential buyers read about repeating (unresolved) support errors, it greatly affects sales.

What we need to read here is that Addmotor has sent you the correct part and that you are satisfied with the etrike. Or, for you to describe further support problems for us Addmotor owners to be aware of. Ideally, for someone to post the name and email address of an Addmotor support person that works.

And even though he is online... It was the absolute best service I have received from anyone and more than any Bricks and mortar store.. I would not hesitate to order from him.. He answers emails within minutes... Even on the weekends.. I felt bad as I had bugged him a lot on the weekends... If he didnt know he called the factory to get the answers.. All around great Deal.. I cant say enough... Better than any experience from a local store.. ever.

I wouldn't assume Addmotor even Has a U.S. office and rep.

Have you folks tried other avenues besides email? Maybe you will catch someone who cares at their Facebook page.

And even though he is online... It was the absolute best service I have received from anyone and more than any Bricks and mortar store.. I would not hesitate to order from him.. He answers emails within minutes... Even on the weekends.. I felt bad as I had bugged him a lot on the weekends... If he didnt know he called the factory to get the answers.. All around great Deal.. I cant say enough... Better than any experience from a local store.. ever.
Re: "he is online..." What's their URL David?

Re: "buy another 1 and use it for spare parts"

That's exactly what I've been thinking.

Presently (Update: 11/26/22) I'm still trying to find a 24", front, FAT, 1000 watt motor that fits in my 5 3/8" M-350 A fork, and a matching controller.

BTW: I checked the batt and it's fine.

Last edited:
2/28/23: Bought the newer M-340 to have as a backup in case of lava flows. Compared with my M-350 A, with a slight twist of the throttle the M-340 leaps forward; a noticeable change in starting speed; once it gets going both trikes are the same 20 mph.

The batts connect differently so they are not interchangeable. * The LEDs on the M-340's batt are located under the seat making them hard to read in the daylight. The M-340's batt On-Off LED button is hard to see under the seat in daylight and requires holding for a few seconds; it's hard for arthritic fingers.

Important: The key for the batt is only to remove the batt. With or without the key inserted, someone could press the "On" button and steal the trike.

No idea why the new model is the lower model number.

The bolt holes for both sets of fenders have 1/4 paint bubbles around each bolt. This suggests that the holes were drilled after painting the fenders.

The "chrome" on the suspension forks of both trikes are rusting badly even though I waxed them.

The rims and spokes on both trikes were not powder-coated; the paint is already chipping.

Aside from these issues I love the trikes. With some mods, and service (email replies) they could be the trike of the future.

Trailer hitch: I bought the trike knowing they could not provide service in Hawaii but that they would send me warranty parts if needed. They emailed that they don't recommend mods; because of this I assembled some inexpensive part (available on Amazon) to make a trailer hitch for both trikes. I've hauled 75 lbs. of groceries 7 miles and the trike performed about the same. Also, twice, I've driven in pouring rain with no problems. Post here if you'd like to see the hitch parts.

* The design engineers must not be trikers else they'd make the batts interchangeable for family members with diff trikes.

Big regret !!!
I personally think it is better to pick out a good ordinary trike and just put a front hub kit and battery of your choice on it. I put an Ebikling 1200 watt hub with a 52 volt 19.2 amp hour battery on my trike for less than a $1000. My trike eats my grandson's Radbike in power and speed, but I won't ride it that fast! And I have two wheel drive; front wheel electric, and right rear peddle. But, i don't do mud and sand.

Back