Adding an LCD Display to a Juiced OceanCurrent?

Happy Birthday Mesquite Hugger! Enjoy your new toy!
Thank you for the birthday wishes! It's been a great day so far - my wife greeted me with coffee cake for breakfast and 51 great cards, I stopped on the way to work and watched a great blue heron hanging out in a local park. I can not complain at all!

PS. UPS shows the bike has arrived in town and will be delivered this afternoon.

What a great idea by your wife on the cards. I will have to remember that. Make sure you post photos of the new bike!!!

I managed to fit it inside the frame with some room to spare. your down tube dimensions on the OC might be different in length but not width compared to the HF1000. I can measure the downtube on mine to have a point of comparison. If Juiced buys the same down tubes for every bike, which they most likely do, you could also fit a small 48v relay inside with the controller to do a dual horn setup.
My frame is a little different as it is the early model. It has a slight bend in it. I tried to get juiced to send me the upgraded controller so I could try and make it fit but to no avail. Couldn't get em to sale me one, imagine that, ?. Thanks, when I get around to it I will check it out, I have a phase runner. I appreciate it.

The bike arrived yesterday - and I love it! I've built several DIY e-bikes, but this thing is much nicer. There are so many little details that show that it was built to be electric rather than retrofitted. My bike builds always remain a work in progress; the OceanCurrent feels complete. (And it eats up the miles.)

As for the LCD question, I did get the answer to my questions, but I'll have to save up a bit of money before I can make the upgrade. To add the LCD I will need to purchase the controller and the LCD from Juiced, but some voice in the back of my head tells me we need to pay tuition and grocery bills first. (I really hate little voice.)

Overall, I'm incredibly happy with the bike and plan to leave the car in the driveway gathering dust as much as possible.

Thank you for all of your advice and information. I will keep you posted on any new developments.

Attachments

• IMG_0377.JPG
    IMG_0377.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 436
  • juiced components.png
    juiced components.png
    46.7 KB · Views: 417
The bike arrived yesterday - and I love it! I've built several DIY e-bikes, but this thing is much nicer. There are so many little details that show that it was built to be electric rather than retrofitted. My bike builds always remain a work in progress; the OceanCurrent feels complete. (And it eats up the miles.)

As for the LCD question, I did get the answer to my questions, but I'll have to save up a bit of money before I can make the upgrade. To add the LCD I will need to purchase the controller and the LCD from Juiced, but some voice in the back of my head tells me we need to pay tuition and grocery bills first. (I really hate little voice.)

Overall, I'm incredibly happy with the bike and plan to leave the car in the driveway gathering dust as much as possible.

Thank you for all of your advice and information. I will keep you posted on any new developments.
Nice looking bike. Are those the handlebars that came on it?

I swapped the original bars for a cheap pair of Sunlite 5" rise street bars. I've spent my life riding bikes with straight bars and have never come to appreciate curved cruiser bars.

I rode to work and an appointment yesterday - about 12 miles. Loved every bit of the ride. When I went to leave the appointment, I found my first flat. (Luckily it was the front.) The guys at the LBS did not believe me when I told them I needed a 26X2.50 tube. They finally found one "in the back". I replaced the front tube and slimed both.

The adventure begins!

Attachments

• IMG_0388 square.jpg
    IMG_0388 square.jpg
    720.2 KB · Views: 418
Back