Adding an LCD Display to a Juiced OceanCurrent?

I have a new OceanCurrent on the way (My wife rocked the 50th birthday present!) I haven't been able to find anyone online who had made the LCD upgrade. I would like to add an LCD3 or C961. I know to get the waterproof connector. I'd like to have a wattmeter, odometer, and speedometer. Does anyone have any experience or advice? It would be greatly appreciated. lcd3.jpegc961.jpeg

Many times controllers set up for LED's, would not allow LCD's to work with them. Unless its supplied by Juiced, finding any LCD with the connection type that Juiced uses, is going to be even more of a challenge, but even then if the controller doesn't support an LCD, you could be out of luck. You probably should just call Juiced to check. Their Ocean spec sheet used to list the LCD as an option. If it hasn't actually shipped maybe you can change to one of their other models if you want an LCD ? Good luck either way.

Thank you all for your input. I will check with Juiced. I remember the LCD being mentioned as an option for the OceanCurrent at the launch time, but have not ever seen it become available.

I am very excited for the bike to arrive and will let you know what I find out on the LCD.

Thank you all for your input. I will check with Juiced. I remember the LCD being mentioned as an option for the OceanCurrent at the launch time, but have not ever seen it become available.

I am very excited for the bike to arrive and will let you know what I find out on the LCD.
LCD display for an ocean current is not gonna happen in our life time. You don't wanna get me started. Tora totally seems to have lost interest in the ocean current and anyone who owns one. Sorry about your bad luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
LCD display for an ocean current is not gonna happen in our life time. You don't wanna get me started. Tora totally seems to have lost interest in the ocean current and anyone who owns one. Sorry about your bad luck but you should have checked the forum out before you made your purchase.

The LCD is not a deal breaker, just something I would really like to have. It's still a heck of a bike for the price and one of the few bikes in the price range with a torque sensor.

My shipping notification shows the bike arriving tomorrow - so it arrves on my birthday! Very excited.

What I learned from Juiced is that the bike is supplied with a controller that is not LCD compatible. So my plan is to enjoy it as is while it's under warranty and then replace it with an aftermarket controller and LCD similar to those that are sold as an upgrade for the Sondors Original. That gives me a year to find out if the torque sensor is compatible with the aftermarket controller.

But I agree with Rooster - it would have been much nicer if they'd followed through with the Juiced LCD.

I currently have the ICD3 (pic on left) on my bike. My bike didnt come with it but when I purchased the bike, the description indicated that it did. Called the company and they shipped it out to me right away . Its a good LCD, smooth changing.

Attachments

• 20180827_074619 (2).jpg
    20180827_074619 (2).jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 488
  • 20180827_074507.jpg
    20180827_074507.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 500
  • 20180827_074353.jpg
    20180827_074353.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 544
Its not. I have an EProdigy Magic but looking at the OceanCurrent display images, it appears you have a single adapter set up, like I have on my bike. Here is what came with the bike and I switched it out for the LCD 3. I could send you my old display and you can see if it works on your new bike. If it does than you will know you can switch it out easily.

Attachments

• old controller.jpg
    old controller.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 485
My shipping notification shows the bike arriving tomorrow - so it arrves on my birthday! Very excited.

What I learned from Juiced is that the bike is supplied with a controller that is not LCD compatible. So my plan is to enjoy it as is while it's under warranty and then replace it with an aftermarket controller and LCD similar to those that are sold as an upgrade for the Sondors Original. That gives me a year to find out if the torque sensor is compatible with the aftermarket controller.

But I agree with Rooster - it would have been much nicer if they'd followed through with the Juiced LCD.
I think the only way you will be able to accomplish the LCD thing on the ocean current is with a cycle analyst from grin tech and it's a PITA. I still don't know why Tora didn't set all of his bikes to accept it as I don't think it would have been that hard to do. The way it is now, you have to use a shunt which you can get supplied with the cycle analyst but it requires some soldering. Good luck.

I know this is probably a dumb question, but why is the CrossCurrent controller incompatible with the OceanCurrent? Will it not fit in the frame or is there another issue?

I know this is probably a dumb question, but why is the CrossCurrent controller incompatible with the OceanCurrent? Will it not fit in the frame or is there another issue?
Better yet, I know he's checking the forums out, why don't we ask mr. Harris that question? Why isn't it compatible Tora ??

Let me know how that works out for ya. If all works good and you get the display, I'm glad I could help you get it. Peace

When you decide to mod the bike, send me a PM, I have the details on their torque/cadence sensor.

Hey hurricane, did the phase runner fit in your frame or did you have to mount it on the frame?

I managed to fit it inside the frame with some room to spare. your down tube dimensions on the OC might be different in length but not width compared to the HF1000. I can measure the downtube on mine to have a point of comparison. If Juiced buys the same down tubes for every bike, which they most likely do, you could also fit a small 48v relay inside with the controller to do a dual horn setup.

Back