Adding a front suspension

It's hard for me to decipher the lingo in the ad. Is that a spring fork or air fork? I only recommend air forks for great adjustability. Spring forks are barely better than a rigid fork.

It's hard for me to decipher the lingo in the ad. Is that a spring fork or air fork? I only recommend air forks for great adjustability. Spring forks are barely better than a rigid fork.
Yes, Amazon is crummy with info often. Good to know about air/spring difference. I coud go with a shock absorbing stem instead but i would have to order a new quill as the one on my Trek is integrated with the stem.

Yes, Amazon is crummy with info often. Good to know about air/spring difference. I coud go with a shock absorbing stem instead but i would have to order a new quill as the one on my Trek is integrated with the stem.
Just for comfort, I would consider a suspension stem. I have on old Girvin Flexstem on my Trek, and it helps-- a little. The modern ones would help more! I think I also had to replace the quill-- or part of the stem, or something. It wasn't a cheap job.

I'm actually considering getting a more modern stem suspension system and better seat post suspension for the Trek, which I use more than I expected. I love my FS mid-drive Motobecane, but it's kind of senseless to use it for quick 20-minute fitness rides during the work week-- why put the extra wear on the Moto's big, expensive battery (Or the brakes, or anything else) if I'm not going at least 10 miles or hitting the trail?

Also, make sure you have hand grips that work for you and invest in well-padded gloves. Every bit of cush helps, at least for my arthritic hands.

Absolutely ask your LBS what fits. I'm learning more about maintenance and I'm going to be doing more work myself, but that's the kind of work I'd leave to a pro, just my .02.

What bike and fork do you currently have?.
If new fork is longer than existing it will change geometry of bike and handling. Measure distance from top of your existing fork to axle and compare with specs of Rockshock. Need length when fork is partially compressed with rider on it. See youtube videos on setting up mtb suspension.

What bike and fork do you currently have?.
If new fork is longer than existing it will change geometry of bike and handling. Measure distance from top of your existing fork to axle and compare with specs of Rockshock. Need length when fork is partially compressed with rider on it. See youtube videos on setting up mtb suspension.
Agree, but to build on that I would say measure, measure, measure! Stem diameter will be a big deal, as will whether or not you top and bottom bearing are the same (straight) or different (tapered). I found the dimension from axle to the bottom of the crown (or whatever you call that "bridge" between each side) pretty important too. I ordered a 27.5" version for my 27.5 bike and found that my tire to fender clearance to be very marginal. Knowing that, I would have gone to the 29" version.

In the end, I was happy with the results as compared to the original pogo sticks - which would be nice coming from a fixed suspension. Reason for me changing from pogo sticks was the bang on rebound. That's now gone forever.

I have that fork on my Specialized Rockhopper 29. Its an air fork but a coil rebound I believe. The rebound is a lever that allows you to switch from fast to slow. That I was a bit disappointed with. Also, you lose the bolt at the top of the fork for fenders or lights. Suntour puts a hole on the back for fenders but Rockshox doesn't. It's a straight tube so you need to make sure you current bike uses a straight tube and not a tapered one. I use it with a 160mm disc brake.

Back