Aventon replacement hand grips

On the website, it says the bar is 31.8mm.

I'd try a screwdriver to lift to edge of the grip and shoot compressed air or some wd-40 underneath to loosen it to pull it off. Check the manual, it might have better advice?

I would strongly suggest waiting until you ride your Level with the stock grips. They are very nice - always solid and 'grippy', even with sweaty hands. They attach by hex fasteners located on the inner and outer edges of the grips. I'm not sure of the fastener size, and only guessing maybe 1.5 - 2mm or so, so you want a small set of hex keys on hand. Once the fasteners are both loosened, the grips slide right off, so no need for any lubricant. The outer diameter of the handlebar ends is the fairly standard 22.2mm, so the ones you linked are the proper size. I did move my grips inward so I could add bar ends, but I very much like the grips themselves. Here is a pic of my setup, and then a bit more to follow:

IMG-0126.jpg

The issue that I see with 'ergonomic' grips is that they are designed to comfortably accommodate the hand in only set positions, and when biking, it is nice to change hand positions periodically, and even small changes outside of these set positions on ergonomic grips can result in an awkward feel - at the least - and possible lack of proper connection to the bike at that one critical moment. IMO, Aventon did a lot right when it comes to the Level, and the stock grips are on that list. As mentioned above however, if you swap them out, the ones you linked will work, as would any grip that fit a 22.2mm bar. 👍

🤡 Hello, I'm an agent of disinformation today yikes! I'm 0/2! I'm glad someone knowledgeable was here to set the record straight. I guess I shouldn't have assumed they'd be like the old school cheapy grips on my childhood bike lol. And I learned something new about handlebars today.

🤡 Hello, I'm an agent of disinformation today yikes! I'm 0/2! I'm glad someone knowledgeable was here to set the record straight. I guess I shouldn't have assumed they'd be like the old school cheapy grips on my childhood bike lol. And I learned something new about handlebars today.
You were trying to help. That goes a long way with me. Don’t scold yourself too badly.😏

Thank you friends for the good advice. I will wait and check out the stock grips. My current Gary Fisher bike has the ergonomics and I find them to be more comfortable than round grips because of wrist pressure so thought I'd preemptively replace while assembling. I'm seriously looking at the tube extender in the link, but will wait on that too. Really looking forward to delivery of the Level!

Thank you friends for the good advice. I will wait and check out the stock grips. My current Gary Fisher bike has the ergonomics and I find them to be more comfortable than round grips because of wrist pressure so thought I'd preemptively replace while assembling. I'm seriously looking at the tube extender in the link, but will wait on that too. Really looking forward to delivery of the Level!
The (90mm) stem riser that I refer to above was the first thing that I purchased for my Level. I found the stock riding position to be very uncomfortable along the rear of my neck. I think though, that this is less a factor of the bike's design, and more so due to my getting older and not having ridden a bike regularly for many years. I have mine set to 50 degrees, and there is still plenty of slack in the wires, cables, and tubes. I now have just shy of 1000 miles on my Level since April, and it has really been a joy to own and ride.

Please don't let me talk you out of ergonomic grips if that is what you like. It's all personal preference. I just wanted you to know that the stock grips are of a good quality..

These are the grips I bought for my Level. They were super easy to install and I like them well enough - just a little lerger than the stock grips. I also bought the rear view mirror - saves a ton of neck turning - and a bike bell, which, while it may seem goofy, is so much easier than conctsantly shouting out "on your left" or "on your right." Everyone knows what the bike bell sound means...
Both were inexpensive, but huge value adds.

Grips

Mirror

Bell

The (90mm) stem riser that I refer to above was the first thing that I purchased for my Level. I found the stock riding position to be very uncomfortable along the rear of my neck. I think though, that this is less a factor of the bike's design, and more so due to my getting older and not having ridden a bike regularly for many years. I have mine set to 50 degrees, and there is still plenty of slack in the wires, cables, and tubes. I now have just shy of 1000 miles on my Level since April, and it has really been a joy to own and ride.

Please don't let me talk you out of ergonomic grips if that is what you like. It's all personal preference. I just wanted you to know that the stock grips are of a good quality..
I have been thinking about a riser as well, as I'd like to have a slightly more upright riding position. I'll defnitely check this one, thanks for sharing!

KM

I have been thinking about a riser as well, as I'd like to have a slightly more upright riding position. I'll defnitely check this one, thanks for sharing!

KM
You bet! I'm very happy with mine. It's a great upgrade. You now have me looking at a bell. You're so right. Everyone knows that classic sound, be it a child's trike or an eBike steaming up from behind. It's friendly and non-kurt, and instead of cussing beneath their breath, most folks actually say, "Oh...sorry"...🙂...

You bet! I'm very happy with mine. It's a great upgrade. You now have me looking at a bell. You're so right. Everyone knows that classic sound, be it a child's trike or an eBike steaming up from behind. It's friendly and non-kurt, and instead of cussing beneath their breath, most folks actually say, "Oh...sorry"...🙂...
I was borrowing my brothers bike a while back, riding it on the Mission Beach boardwalk in San Diego, making fun of him for having a 'cute little tinkly bell' on his beach cruiser. But after a short time, I realized, it actually is a huge value add, and really does lighten the reactions of folks you are riding past. It's so cute it's hard to be annoyed.

Plus the sound travels, cuts through background noise and wind better than a human voice.

I have an Aventon Level and the handlegrips were not comfortable. On my old bike I had a set that was somewhat flat on top and were very comfortable. I just went to a local bike store and found a set like the set I had on the old bike ($30-$40 range). They were very easy to replace, just loosen the set screws and slide them off.

These are the grips I bought for my Level. They were super easy to install and I like them well enough - just a little lerger than the stock grips. I also bought the rear view mirror - saves a ton of neck turning - and a bike bell, which, while it may seem goofy, is so much easier than conctsantly shouting out "on your left" or "on your right." Everyone knows what the bike bell sound means...
Both were inexpensive, but huge value adds.

Grips

Mirror

Bell

I ride without ear phones. When I pass riders, many have ears plugged and don't hear me.

I bought a Garmin radar for my seat post. Now it works if I have a lower height item on the rear rack. The little Garmin edge can mount aft of the Aventon display. But when I use a full size android phone for a display, I have to attach a mount that reaches forward of the Bike's display.

Back