Actually, ebikes will get you much LESS exercise

For a lot of us, it's ebike or no bike. So it's more exercise for us, no matter how you measure it. Comparing a healthy young person on an ebike to a healthy young person on a pedal bike isn't a very useful comparison.
Yep! And us who have been pedal only riders who now have clapped out ankles and bad necks the E-Bike is the best of both worlds as I can’t long ride my pedal only anymore nor my dr350 dirt motorcycle anymore. Some of us in our mid 60’s who due to abuse and a rough way of making a living the past 47 yrs really appreciate these E-Bike for what they are. A little bit of pedaling and a little bit of throttle ?

20mi. ride for us today w/ a lot of hills.. We'd rarely go that far on our dino bikes but we still got a great workout on the ebikes and we didn't have to get off and walk anywhere. I guess I'm preaching to the choir

In reality, ebikes are like most pieces of gym equipment. They will get you as little or as much exercise as you prefer. It's up to you to use them appropriately.
All I know is, ebiking is far more fun than riding an exercise bike and consequently, I do it more often.

Back