Abus Frame "cafe" Lock on Tern Vektron S10 Gen 1?

Abeydoun

Has anyone tried this? If so, can you provide me with some guidance? I have the Gen 1 S10 and don't really see how it can be mounted with how wide the tires/fenders are. Thanks.

I'm not sure its a function of the tire/fender width vs having the mounting points on the frame. There are at least a couple of different Abus cafe locks to accommodate varying tire widths. I have one on my Tern GSD, that is keyed-alike to the battery, and the GSD has wider tires vs the Vektron. The difference is the GSD frame was designed with the bosses to mount the front cafe lock. One suggestion might be to send an email to Tern via their website and see what they recommend. They have always been very responsive to my requests. Also, @Chris Nolte might be able to advise since he is a dealer for both Tern and Abus.

Just received an email from Tern indicating that the cafe lock cannot be installed on the Gen 1 Vektron S10 as it needs its own mount points which were not created when the bike was first designed. I will stick with a folding lock, thanks!

Back