A2B 36 volt external battery

jimmidan

Does anyone know of a shop in Northern California that rebuilds the lithium 36 volt external battery for an A2B? Preferably in the SF Bay Area.

Does anyone know of a shop in Northern California that rebuilds the lithium 36 volt external battery for an A2B? Preferably in the SF Bay Area.

I feel for you.. OEM battery replacement runs around $800 for a lousy 36v 11ah pack... And the unique battery shape (arched) is not some simple build. If you had someone build it for you, doubt there would be much savings, given the labor involved.

I sold my A2B for that very reason, and passed the problem to the new owner.

You might call BatteriesPlus in SF 415 885 5500. See if they can help you.

Batteries Plus won't touch a lithium battery rebuild; already tried that at one of the Austin branches. Rechargeable Power Energy in Las Vegas, NV does Ebike battery pack rebuilds, although the unusual shape of the A2B rear battery might be an issue. Check out their website, www.rpe-na.com, 888-456-9410. They send you what you need to package the battery & ship it to them, pay a very reasonable diag fee, and go from there. I've sent several of my customers to them for work, plus these are the same folks who build Energie Cycles electric bikes.

Last edited:
Well I called RPG (Rechargeable Power Energy) company and they said they can refill my Stromer battery ...maybe even better then before with more amp hours. I wish to thank all who responded to my inquiry.

Please let us know how it worked out. There are few of us who either have or will have a depleted battery in the future. Having this option is really nice expecially if (hope not) somehow the ST1 replacement batteries become unavailable.

I'd be thrilled to find a mating 5 pin connector for the "B" external battery so I can easily wire an aftermarket 36 volt battery into it.
The pins to use for positive and negative leads would be a bonus of course.
Anyone sort this out yet?

I feel for you.. OEM battery replacement runs around $800 for a lousy 36v 11ah pack... And the unique battery shape (arched) is not some simple build. If you had someone build it for you, doubt there would be much savings, given the labor involved.

I sold my A2B for that very reason, and passed the problem to the new owner.

I bought one of their bikes in 2009, used it for 5 years then sold it and bought another brand. I was trying to give you the benefit of my experience with the bike.... But that's not really what you're looking for, is it? 5 years of service from a battery pack is excellent. Ask anyone who knows anything.

Can speak from my personal experience that Ultramotor A2B bent over backwards to ensure my bike was promptly fixed when it broke.. I have no reason to lie, and can provide you the name and location of the A2B distributor and local bike store who helped me.

JoePah I am deeply sorry for offending you . I had just finished a disappointing phone call with A2B that turned into a shouting match . When I received the phone call I was excited hoping that a long drawn out battle was finally at it's end . Once again I apologize, I believe e-bike riders are a different breed all together as are most cyclists I have a passionate past of riding anything with a wheel on it the more difficult the better as a kid growing up in Southern California I rode of course bikes I also rode unicycles,BMX,trikes,cruisers,solar powered buggies,electric cycles ,road bikes and anything else I could possibly put a wheel on. That might give you a little of my background with cycling and the love of it . My passion of cycling is 5 decades long and will be to the grave . The freedom and feeling of accomplishment after pedaling up some of Southern California's biggest inclines. The long term training and dedication the pure love of the wheel will never change nor will I give up. A little background on what led me to the E-bike , on November 1st of 1991 it was the day that would change my life forever. I was involved in a pileup on the infamous 5fwy headed south I had just transitioned into the slow lane when two cars in front of me slammed on the brakes it happened so quickly yet I remember every breath I looked in my side mirror and saw a car behind me yet I had to make a quick decision when I saw the eyes of a little girl peering out the back window. Was I going to do it ? yes I slammed on the brakes as hard as I could taking the full force of all the vehicles that hit me with my load and all stopping about one foot from plowing that little girls car . At that point in my life I was an avid road cyclist . that would never be again , through the process of recovery I had my spinal column become infected and it hospitalized me I found myself having to administer IV injections and numerous other things, catheters became infected and my own children were now taking care of me . I found myself a 26 year old man barely walking with a walker sitting and looking at my beautiful Canondale that would never be ridden again . after admireing it for decades and praying to one day ride again . On Christmas Eve of the year 2012 I polished it up and did the hardest thing I have ever done I walked that beautiful Canondale to our local bicycle trail which is behind the Nixon library I took her to the edge where it wouldn't be visible from the street I wanted to be sure a true cyclist found it I attached a simple note . Merry Christmas to whom finds this enjoy as I have . As time has moved on I have found that electric bicycles were a mode of transportation as well as the pleasure I once knew . And opened up a whole new world , I have had e-bikes now for quite some time . some with ranges of 80 miles or more . under perfect conditions . once again I apologize to you and hope to developed a friendship when it comes to A2B there are a few things that need to be addressed one being battery life and secondly the tail light is the other I have made them aware yet the guy I spoke with didn't seem to be promising the whole conversation was him implying that it must be my ignorance yet I have been riding since I was 3 years old that works out to be 47 years of experience well JoePah I hope that you understand my position and I would be more than willing to discuss anything with you by the way I am Jamie take care

Sorry @I bought A2B, I had a wreck also and broke my fibula. Pedaling a bike caused rotational stress and I couldn't do it. This bone usually has low pressure joining it so a pin is needed. I skipped that and could walk or jog for 4 years until enough calcium had formed to stop it from popping out while biking. Finally back on a bike but those were 4 sad years. If I had known about electric bikes I could have enjoyed biking without pedaling, glad you have found electric bikes. Maybe you just need a new brand of bike. Wasted money I know, but you can window shop to your hearts content until you save up for a new bike.

Hope that all on this thread find resolution, whether from HeroEco/UltraMotors or with another Ebike; there are many reasons that one person has issues with a bike while others don't. It sounds like @Sorry I bought A2B is in a pinch and you are welcome to PM me to see if there is anything else we can help him with.

Sorry I bought A2B, I had a wreck also and broke my fibula. Pedaling a bike caused rotational stress and I couldn't do it. This bone usually has low pressure joining it so a pin is needed. I skipped that and could walk or jog for 4 years until enough calcium had formed to stop it from popping out while biking. Finally back on a bike but those were 4 sad years. If I had known about electric bikes I could have enjoyed biking without pedaling, glad you have found electric bikes. Maybe you just need a new brand of bike. Wasted money I know, but you can window shop to your hearts content until you save up for a new bike.
Thank you Jim it is a hard pill to swallow looking at those wheels . That are not going anywhere .I just recently bought my bike and it has turned out for the worst . It is just a lemon , it happens but I just can't understand the new ways of doing business . When I was in my youth I nearly lived in the local bike shop he would issue a line of credit . It was quite simple , if you stiffed him he had a board that he would stick out the passenger side window and nail you with it . times have changed now we live in a society where the guy that can take advantage of you does and you are considered a fool . I don't want to offend anyone and I apologize in advance but it is my understanding that in China that is their way of conducting business , you are considered a stupid fool if you fail to be wise enough to beat your opponent in a business transaction , well we know who won and they didn't use a board
Sorry @I bought A2B, I had a wreck also and broke my fibula. Pedaling a bike caused rotational stress and I couldn't do it. This bone usually has low pressure joining it so a pin is needed. I skipped that and could walk or jog for 4 years until enough calcium had formed to stop it from popping out while biking. Finally back on a bike but those were 4 sad years. If I had known about electric bikes I could have enjoyed biking without pedaling, glad you have found electric bikes. Maybe you just need a new brand of bike. Wasted money I know, but you can window shop to your hearts content until you save up for a new bike.
I Really wish I could . I had done quite a bit of sleepless nights doing my homework and thought I was making a good decision . It turned out too be wasted time and a lot of patience on my wife's part , she has a really good job that Requires her to wake at 5 o'clock and I was disturbing her all night long clicking on the keyboard , she is an angel putting up with my needs I thought I was buying my last E-bike and bless her heart she stood by me as I spent $5,000.00 on my bike and the accessories to ride it safely . jackets with built in armor helmets , cargo racks , ,panniers with bags that were a hundered dollars a piece and so on . all in the name of spending wisely . that is what upsets me more than anything that my wife suffered and endured things . I used to be able to contribute to our household by running small errands by day so she wasn't disrupted by picking up a gallon of milk after working a full day it is depressing being the husband that has to be taken care of and feeling like you cant pull your own weight , I thought I bought the answer

Back