A Teenager Hit Six Cyclists While Trying To Roll Coal And Was Not Arrested

Speaking from experience, being smashed into by a vehicle & coming to in a pool of your own
blood is something never to be forgotten. Intentionally doing something like that for a lark is
so twisted. Forget prison, lock him up with the criminally insane.

As I said in my earlier post I feel, as per line item 2, that the parents are as much to blame. Hopefully when it all goes to court it will stand up and that kid doesn't see the wheel of any more than a golf cart for a long time......
Yes as to the parent’s liability. Was it really an adult’s vehicle with those mods? He had an adult riding shotgun…any responsibility there?

I have to wonder about the liability side of this. Most folks' auto insurance only covers up to $1,000,000 in liability. The medical and rehabilitation bills for six people could easily exceed that. So I suspect he and his parents are going to get stripped clean as well.

I have to wonder about the liability side of this. Most folks' auto insurance only covers up to $1,000,000 in liability. The medical and rehabilitation bills for six people could easily exceed that. So I suspect he and his parents are going to get stripped clean as well.
From what I have read, insurance can be void with an undisclosed, unapproved mod. Some modifications do not necessarily make a vehicle itself more likely to crash, they are indicative of more hazardous driving by the driver. This can include an amplified exhaust system, making it extra loud. How does an amplified driver drive? What is the motivation? To drive more sedately, unseen, unheard, and more safely?

I think that family is now in for a whole world of hurt. The kid is finally being held accountable. I seriously doubt he's going to beat any of the charges, but it will be no surprise if they offer him a plea deal due to his age. The fact they are not trying him as an adult pretty much spells the writing on the wall there. Mixed emotions here.

Where the real fun is going to start though, is when the civil suits are filed. That's when the serious trouble starts, and there will be no plea bargains with that kind of trouble. That SHOULD leave dad wondering about the wisdom of allowing this kid to drive a truck like that. That's when accountability catches up with his parents.....

WTF! Fries was released from jail on $100 bond? That guy needs some serious prison time. And not in a prison that allows for segregation. So, what are you in for?

Asshole parents raising Asshole kids. It's everywhere, not just Texas. But it's a point of pride in Texas and the South in general.

The question mark is an ancient Egyptian symbol. I wonder about the inspiration behind it. I also question parenting like this.
1636843950169.png

Someone on the motor scooter threads was following the kid who crossed the center line and hit all those motorcyclist. Turns out the kid WALKED! Good lawyers get good results. ICE (the immigration agency) is currently trying to deport the kid though. Maybe we don't want to know the outcome of coal rolling loser.

Someone on the motor scooter threads was following the kid who crossed the center line and hit all those motorcyclist. Turns out the kid WALKED! Good lawyers get good results. ICE (the immigration agency) is currently trying to deport the kid though. Maybe we don't want to know the outcome of coal rolling loser.
Not sure that's relevant as there was apparently evidence that the lead motorcyclist was drunk and may have been the one that caused that particular accident.

As for the Waller, TX teen rolling coal and charged with six felonies, there has been no word since November, 2021.

As for the Waller, TX teen rolling coal and charged with six felonies, there has been no word since November, 2021.
Ah yes, the quick pace of justice in the US. At least we're faster than India. Here it just takes years. There decades. (no offense meant to any south asian readers though...)

Back