A Teenager Hit Six Cyclists While Trying To Roll Coal And Was Not Arrested

... then we live in a sad world.
I agree with this portion of your post.
I'm generally not into looking for trouble while mounted on my bike.
I'm not looking for trouble, but am prepared for it. Just like I'm not looking for a flat on my bike, but carry a battery powered compressor, tire levers, and patch kit should they be needed. A firearm is just another tool to carry.

I agree with this portion of your post.

I'm not looking for trouble, but am prepared for it. Just like I'm not looking for a flat on my bike, but carry a battery powered compressor, tire levers, and patch kit should they be needed. A firearm is just another tool to carry.
I guess I never thought of a firearm as capable of fixing things....
Or maybe it's in case you crash and need to put your bike out of its misery?

I forgot that you live in a state with 10-round mag restrictions. Personally I carry a Glock 26 with a Glock 19 mag and a Xgrip to have 15 rounds.

So vaccines, global warming, politics, etc are all valid topics for an ebike forum, but discussing the firearms you want to carry while riding is verboten?
Not verboten, but way off the tracks from the subject of this thread. By all means, start a gun thread, but I check this thread for thoughts and progress on the case of the injured cyclists. Discussion of what firearms people carry has nothing to do with that.

Isn't this getting a little edgy? Maybe more appropriate for a shooting forum somewhere else? :(
I agree, but since I remain interested in this thread (without the inane gun posts) I simply added 3 more to my ignore list. I don't need to hear anything they have to say about ebikes either. I doubt I'll be depriving myself of anything there.
CN

A firearm is just another tool to carry.
Sadly too many concealed carry permits are issued to folks unprepared for the intensity of an armed action. Puching holes in paper is a far cry from an armed confrontation. A poorly schooled shootist puts themselves at risk from an expert shooter.
S&W pepper spray is enough. Sadly those that carry may actually end up at the wrong end of their own gun.
Walk/ride away to ride another day.

An interesting item in the soon to be signed into law - Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act. From https://www.bicycleretailer.com/ind...will-fund-more-bike-lanes-trails#.YYlIqGDMLGg
  • A requirement for all states to develop standards for Complete Streets, a policy and design approach to ensure users of all ages and abilities have safe and convenient access.
  • A vulnerable road user assessment to determine how dangerous roads are for people outside of cars.
I wonder how the various states will address that second item? ... particularly Texas (sorry, didn't mean to pile on ... :(). No I'm certainly not suggesting that these items will suddenly make the US become much more aware of road safety for non car/truck traffic, but it is interesting to see them spelled out ... and I do wonder what their presence will do for more visibility of pedestrian/bike safety?

Are there similar standards and assessments done in other countries?

Delayed justice?

As I said in my earlier post I feel, as per line item 2, that the parents are as much to blame. Hopefully when it all goes to court it will stand up and that kid doesn't see the wheel of any more than a golf cart for a long time......

Back