A Teenager Hit Six Cyclists While Trying To Roll Coal And Was Not Arrested

I wouldn't do it but I would watch the video. Imagine some guy rolling coal past cyclists who shoot flare guns into the truck setting it on fire? I would definitely watch that. But, I do not think that escalation is the real answer. @Mulezen is right. Prosecution.

In my opinion punching a car in self-defense is in a different category than planning for setting one on fire. But I could be wrong. I have only punched a car once. It was in the burst of adrenaline when it tired to kill me and they laid into their horn. I was mostly pushing it away. It was like stepping on a beer can or sitting on an aluminum foil lasagna tray. I saw the SUV parked in a driveway the next day. So now I know where it lives if there is anymore trouble I can report it.

I have only been rolled coal on once. It was beyond my house while on my way to the end, I should say dead end, of the 2 lane road that is about 1.5 miles from my drive. I did consider momentarily, as I was only .5 or so from home at the time, turning back and getting a dozen eggs from my fridge and waiting for the offender to come back by and giving him some. But I just continued on to the gate, he had gone down into the park, and carried on beyond it and it's car-less nature.

My car tends to roll coal without any extra equipment. It is one of the reasons I prefer riding e-bikes for my daily chores :)

Been rolled on several times…one time I ran into the two miscreants at a store. When I walked in one youngster looked at me and his face dropped…he knew his grandfather was a friend of mine. The last few days a dairy farm‘s manure tankers have been assaulting my dead end road to drop their noxious loads on a field. These are giant dual exhaust tankers with huge wide balloon tires. I hate them (industrial farming…main farm is ten miles away…they know I hate them too and love to idle behind my bike revving. Their passage on the road leaves me wishing for coal…and I have a few cows So am used to a bit of bs.

I’m pretty sure using a flare gun is going to be looked at as using a weapon against someone and is going to land you in hot water.
Its a firearm that shoots an incendiary projectile that can result in deadly consequences. Never mind the ADW charge, the CCW violation alone before you even use it is going to be an issue. And if you think you are a smarty-pants and open carry it, your state's laws had better allow open, loaded carry. If unloaded carry is allowed the stupidity compounds as now you are loading a shell while riding hands-free. Get that accomplished... is the 'attack' still going on (unlikely)? If not you're firing on a victim not an assailant even in a stand-your-ground state.

and... its a yokel in a pickup truck doing the coal-rolling. What are the odds they have more than a flare gun in that truck? Pretty close to 100% around here. A single-shot smooth-bore is no match for even a little .22 with plenty of rounds available if they miss on the first shot.

If you are going to shoot at someone with a gun get licensed and trained, and use a semi-auto - a .40 or .45 able to penetrate angled safety glass or doors. And be damn sure of the laws associated with the use of deadly force, which this is.

If you're just kidding around and its all for fun... hell pull a little cannon with a trailer and have at it. One more case for bigger motors.

and use a semi-auto - a .40 or .45 able to penetrate angled safety glass or doors
A 22LR (standard velocity) is capable of penetrating standard automotive saftey glass and still doing damage. There are many youtube videos out there showing it. So a 9mm, 380, or even a 32 ACP aught to be adequate.

Just don't tuck it into your pants!
A guy shot his D off in an AZ Walmart meat department. Must have been reaching for the hotdogs.
IMO carrying a weapon shows premeditation in using it. Just like lockpicking tools.
No, it was only 50% off

A 22LR (standard velocity) is capable of penetrating standard automotive saftey glass and still doing damage. There are many youtube videos out there showing it. So a 9mm, 380, or even a 32 ACP aught to be adequate.
Screw that noise. I decided a long time ago that if I am limited to 10+1 its going to be 10+1 of .45 Auto. Even for a deepdeep cover pocket pistol - Kahr MK40. Single stack? Sig 220 American (old school pre-accessory rail). Room for a double stack? HK USP45 Compact.

I decided a long time ago that if I am limited to 10+1 its going to be 10+1 of .45 Auto.
I forgot that you live in a state with 10-round mag restrictions. Personally I carry a Glock 26 with a Glock 19 mag and a Xgrip to have 15 rounds.

Isn't this getting a little edgy? Maybe more appropriate for a shooting forum somewhere else?
So vaccines, global warming, politics, etc are all valid topics for an ebike forum, but discussing the firearms you want to carry while riding is verboten?

I forgot that you live in a state with 10-round mag restrictions. Personally I carry a Glock 26 with a Glock 19 mag and a Xgrip to have 15 rounds.

So vaccines, global warming, politics, etc are all valid topics for an ebike forum, but discussing the firearms you want to carry while riding is verboten?
Yes. Neither global warming nor politics directly harm other people. Suggesting harm to others, especially in a way that's obviously illegal, is as a minimum in bad taste, if meant in jest, and showing signs of derangement if meant seriously, IMHO. If you like that kind of sh**, shooting other people, then we live in a sad world.

While I have no trouble with the thought of people owning weapons, carrying one with me while out on a bike ride is just about the last thing that would occur to me. Maybe it speaks to my level of paranoia..... and the fact I'm generally not into looking for trouble while mounted on my bike....

Yes. Neither global warming nor politics directly harm other people. Suggesting harm to others, especially in a way that's obviously illegal, is as a minimum in bad taste, if meant in jest, and showing signs of derangement if meant seriously, IMHO. If you like that kind of sh**, shooting other people, then we live in a sad world.
Don't lump me into that. I thought the suggestion that using a flare gun as an acceptable form of lawful defense was in ANY way legal or even remotely acceptable was ... well... lets just call it uninformed. And I said so.

Derangement? Thats equally ridiculous on the other side of the spectrum.

Some drift in discussions is always found in forums. If you don't like where a topic is going, Just move on so long as it doesn't violate standards. For some, firearms are an acceptable tool and a recreational hobby. I compete in service rifle and long range (High Power) competitions, among other things. If you don't like that, thats OK. Do what you do and be happy.

Back