A Teenager Hit Six Cyclists While Trying To Roll Coal And Was Not Arrested

No problem with you disagreeing with me at all. I just hated to see Texas bashing by several people, not just you. The only fact I know for sure is every state has issues. I tend to be conservative politically which I’m sure you have assumed by now. For the record I see a couple of things going on in Texas I don’t like either. Its painting law enforcement on the take cutting the kid loose and the general bashing that bothers me.

I predict the kid will face some ramifications for what he did. I just hope it’s enough.

I think this is a good discussion and I enjoy the peer review, insights and perspectives. It is a somber topic and I was adding a bit of levity regarding Texas as well as being slightly provocative to stoke the discussion. Did I go too far? Could be. There is some back and forth cultural rivalry between the two largest US states. Texans like to go on about California's nuts and flakes. I am one. I can take that. I particularly like @m@Roberson's professional insights on insurance.

Side note: @m@Robertson please view my latest build. I just made it. It is the small Marin. It looks wireless. PedalUma.com It is my cleanest build to date. I would enjoy your perspective on this bike.

I think this is a good discussion and I enjoy the peer review, insights and perspectives. It is a somber topic and I was adding a bit of levity regarding Texas as well as being slightly provocative to stoke the discussion. Did I go too far? Could be. There is some back and forth cultural rivalry between the two largest US states. Texans like to go on about California's nuts and flakes. I am one. I can take that. I particularly like @m@Roberson's professional insights on insurance.

Side note: @m@Robertson please view my latest build. I just made it. It is the small Marin. It looks wireless. PedalUma.com It is my cleanest build to date. I would enjoy your perspective on this bike.
It looks to me like you are getting a LOT of mileage out of the TSDZ2 as you seem to have gotten hiding them down to a science. I can't figure out how you are running the battery wire. You have to be going inside the frame? But beyond the exceptional craftsmanship, that rear cluster is what grabs my attention. Going wide-ratio like that can make a dramatic difference in that or any bike's utility. You can wring a whole lot more out of the bike by going that route. If I had a favorite though it would be the blue Specialized.

Or am I misreading what I am seeing and that is a BBS02?

I am trying to put together a series on "how to build an ebike" - right down to the cable ferrules - and keeping it from being a monstrosity is eluding me. Maybe I need to go down this road instead and go small, simple and stealthy.

I hope someone keeps up with this tragedy. On my motor scooter forum someone has been following that accident were the truck with trailer crossed the center line and killed those motorcyclist on the veteran ride. That kid is going to trial soon.

I hope someone keeps up with this tragedy. On my motor scooter forum someone has been following that accident were the truck with trailer crossed the center line and killed those motorcyclist on the veteran ride. That kid is going to trial soon.
Yes, this truck accident took place in New Hampshire, the state where I live. It happened because of a complete failure on the part of Massachusetts government, where they essentially quit processing drunk driving reports from other states, for years. The truck driver never should have been on the road legally, but he was. It was an amazing, tragic, needless tragedy, and a reminder of how alert we must be when we're on the road on a two wheeler, motorcycle or bike.

Where I live, all our decent biking roads are narrow, hilly and winding, with poor sightlines. I constantly remind myself to watch my speed going downhill, so I can stop if someone is doing something harmful, like backing out into the road, or parking a truck in the road to make a home delivery. I've had to cram on my brakes too many times to avoid a collision. Not a fun experience. Yes, I miss the thrill of going 40 MPH down a hill, but I avoid the pain that speed can cause.

It looks to me like you are getting a LOT of mileage out of the TSDZ2 as you seem to have gotten hiding them down to a science. I can't figure out how you are running the battery wire. You have to be going inside the frame? But beyond the exceptional craftsmanship, that rear cluster is what grabs my attention. Going wide-ratio like that can make a dramatic difference in that or any bike's utility. You can wring a whole lot more out of the bike by going that route. If I had a favorite though it would be the blue Specialized.

Or am I misreading what I am seeing and that is a BBS02?

I am trying to put together a series on "how to build an ebike" - right down to the cable ferrules - and keeping it from being a monstrosity is eluding me. Maybe I need to go down this road instead and go small, simple and stealthy.
"If you are convicted of a second-degree felony you can get anywhere from probation to twenty years in prison. Also on the table, the special prosecutor says it’s possible this teen could be eventually be tried as an adult." https://www.khou.com/article/news/l...ller/285-0f0fa610-032a-4ca6-8b5a-1cd699d62a50

The dork disc on that girl's 10-sp Marin is the size of a personal pizza. I need to put a dork disc like that on an IGH! Or why not a double dork disc on an IGH? I ran the battery wire in the top tube and out the seat tube. It is a 7-pound 80Nm TS. The blue light on the HB proves this bike is not a hoax. The display wire emerges from the down tube by the head on the right. I had to reroute the rear cables so they would not get crushed by the mid-drive under the BB. That was a pain. Steven 'Gravy' at Marin is wild for this bike. https://mbaction.com/inside-the-toolbox-of-steven-gravy-gravenites-the-legendary-mechanic/

Attachments

• MarinWireless1.JPG
    MarinWireless1.JPG
    353.7 KB · Views: 154
  • MarinWireless2.JPG
    MarinWireless2.JPG
    440.5 KB · Views: 166
  • MarinWireless3.JPG
    MarinWireless3.JPG
    323.2 KB · Views: 156
  • MarinWireless4.JPG
    MarinWireless4.JPG
    248.4 KB · Views: 144
This happened about 30 years ago but I was rear ended by a 16 year old kid on his way to prom. He had his license just a few weeks. He was driving like an idiot, flying up behind me then dropping way back. When someone slowed down to turn in front of me I saw him coming but didn’t have enough time to get out of the way. 16 year olds make bad choices sometimes. In my case my car was totaled out and I had a sore neck a few days, his prom date got a ride to the hospital because she wasn’t wearing her seatbelt, but no one was seriously hurt. The 16 year old who ran over 6 people deserves to be in a lot of trouble, sometimes there are no do overs.

Great news - so far - that this incident is getting some serious attention. I don't care how sorry the kid is, frankly. An example needs to be set now, and more in future so people get the message.

@PedalUma so all the frame holes aren't factory? I glossed right over them thinking they were standard-issue shift/brake cable routing. Thinking on it, yeah sure you can use some extra guide gasketsand take the extra time to contour the holes so a gasket fits nice and clean. That really is great work.

I actually like the dork disc on that thing. For someone you can't count on to keep stuff in adjustment, its not a bad thing. But I had completely missed it in the pics on your site. I didn't know they were available in that size.

The Rolling Coal modification was used for its intended purpose. FL has a law that if you have equipment for poaching gators, that proves intent to poach gators. In this case assaulting cyclists. The parents were in on it.

The Rolling Coal modification was used for its intended purpose. FL has a law that if you have equipment for poaching gators, that proves intent to poach gators. In this case assaulting cyclists. The parents were in on it.
Yeah the earlier reports that they arrived on the scene before the police even did tells me these are people with money who are seeing to it their entitled brat gets no consequences. Would not be surprised if he had a lawyer on the phone on-scene.

When two or more are in on planning a crime that is called Criminal Conspiracy, a crime in itself. The parents' butts are landing in prison. The kid's brain isn't gelled. Boys frontal lobes aren't fully wired until 21. Theirs have hardened in the wrong way.

Last edited:
Is it just my imagination or are these pickup truck type of vehicles and some SUV's each new model seems larger and more aggresive looking than the last model?

:)

Its something the automotive press have been going on about for awhile.

This looks like a photoshop but its real

Like tanks these hulking trucks are terrible for the roads. And pushing all that air resistance is very wasteful. We have become dependent on gas taxes. What if instead taxes were based on weight x height x length x width x miles. So, when Tesla moves to Texas and produces monster trucks those will get taxed too to help pay for the roads they occupy and damage.
1633896362058.png

Yeah the earlier reports that they arrived on the scene before the police even did tells me these are people with money who are seeing to it their entitled brat gets no consequences. Would not be surprised if he had a lawyer on the phone on-scene.
Just another case of affluenza but in reality nothing more than bullying which seems to be happening more and more across the spectrum......

Trucks, especially those behemoths sporting many axles hauling the extra heavy loads, are the absolute worst sinners when it comes to tearing up our roads. I'm SURE there are MANY special interest groups just howling when any thoughts of charging by the pound or even by the mile, are brought up.

well yeah that's what I was saying. The front end of that silverado thing has a kind of stance that says "get the f**k outta my way". I really think that there is something to be said about the psycology of the way we drive combined with the vehicle we choose to drive, not always but sometimes. In the case being discussed on this forum, I wonder if the 16yr old had been driving a small car, would he be inclined to behave in such an aggresive manner? I'm not trying to excuse the actions of this individual, there is no excuse, there is nothing but aggresive chimp-like behavior combined with a tool in the form of a motor vehicle.

if the 16 year old intended bodily harm, then giving him permanent bodily harm is the only solution.

Back