a little hot on the ride home.

this is this is a day I don't feel guilty cranking uo the assists on my e bike.sucked I did not burn more calories usually around 200 only did 150 or so. had a 48oz bottle of ice water on my back. it was only 8 miles.
View attachment 160365
5 months of brutal heat/humidity here in SW Florida! 🔥

Early morning rides through these 5 months!

The heat was bearable but yesterday’s smoke was not. Biking outside Sisters, OR toward McKenzie Pass where the road is closed over the pass due to an active fire when the wind shifted blowing smoke from the fire directly at us. Visibility became less than 1/4 mile. We were wearing KN95 masks but turned around. A later Govt air quality report put the index “off their charts.”

Dew point 81F. Still have another 3 or 4 degrees to go.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230823_130237_The Weather Channel.jpg
    Screenshot_20230823_130237_The Weather Channel.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 41
I never drink and ride. I rarely ride over 40 miles and I rehydrate when I get home. I mow lawns commercially for 4 to 5 hours a day and I don't drink anything while working either. I don't advocate that it's a healthy practice but it has never bothered me and I'm in my seventies.
I'm the same way. Mad dogs and Englishmen in the noon day sun. Of course I'm a native SoCal person, so I think I'm acclimated to the heat. The recent rain from Hillary brought the high temp to 65 F on Saturday, and I was a bit chilly.

Back