A handlebar riser does make for a more comfortable ride-for me

tlippy

I'm 5'8" with a 29" inseam and wanted to try a different riding position. I bought this from Amazon:

Wake Bike Stem Riser Bike Fork Stem Extender Bicycle Handlebar Raiser Head Up Adapter Suitable for Mountain Bike, Road Bike, MTB, BMX, Fixie (Aluminium Alloy, Adjustable, Black).​

Feature:
Adjustable height:
max 2.7 inch (0 - 70mm)
Fork stem diameter: 1-1/8 inch (standard)
Weight: 7oz
Material: Forged 6061 aluminium alloy

Originally I considered an adjustable but didn't need any forward move. Gotta report I'm very happy with this selection. It almost puts me straight upright. It's worth a try

Which bike are you trying to be more upright on? That would make it easier for people to recommend something.

I often suggest bar ends as a way to have a more upright position. That gives me two different riding positions which helps my bum shoulder.

Attachments

• 71257070-6932-4E92-94FF-C1FD9ACC086B.jpeg
    71257070-6932-4E92-94FF-C1FD9ACC086B.jpeg
    222.3 KB · Views: 377
I've used the bar ends in the near vertical position for years to give my back and shoulders a break while riding. I'm now considering added one of those stem extenders as well.

Everytime I check in, there's a new thread by tlippy about stem, handlbars/riser, grips, etc.

Hey now theres nothing wrong with asking a bit and learning, I get that his search skills could use some work...but at least hes trying!

I often suggest bar ends as a way to have a more upright position. That gives me two different riding positions which helps my bum shoulder.
Those leave you kinda far from brakes, shifter, PAS buttons and my favorite oĺ school bell

Those leave you kinda far from brakes, shifter, PAS buttons and my favorite oĺ school bell
I use them about 30% to 40% of the time. Usually going uphill or on level on trails only. I don’t have a bell on my ebike as my voice issues louder and more specific warnings.😉

Not louder than my $1 bell ☺️
When I ring it for people 50ft in front of me, I see some that are 200+ ft down path move right as well. I also like that I can do a partial flick for a softer hello as well
95% of the time I hear " on your left" it's too late for me to do anything but watch someone ride by on the shoulder.

Attachments

• IMAG0280.jpg
    IMAG0280.jpg
    374 KB · Views: 351
Not louder than my $1 bell ☺️
When I ring it for people 50ft in front of me, I see some that are 200+ ft down path move right as well. I also like that I can do a partial flick for a softer hello as well
95% of the time I hear " on your left" it's too late for me to do anything but watch someone ride by on the shoulder.
I do like to "dingiling" when I'm passing on a multi use trail. Just to keep people from jumping when I pass

I'm 5'8" with a 29" inseam and wanted to try a different riding position. I bought this from Amazon:

Wake Bike Stem Riser Bike Fork Stem Extender Bicycle Handlebar Raiser Head Up Adapter Suitable for Mountain Bike, Road Bike, MTB, BMX, Fixie (Aluminium Alloy, Adjustable, Black).​

Feature:
Adjustable height:
max 2.7 inch (0 - 70mm)
Fork stem diameter: 1-1/8 inch (standard)
Weight: 7oz
Material: Forged 6061 aluminium alloy

Originally I considered an adjustable but didn't need any forward move. Gotta report I'm very happy with this selection. It almost puts me straight upright. It's worth a try
Are your current handlebars swept back ? Im looking at a stem plus swept back type cafe handlebars sometime in the near future for my 700XR.

My question quoted poster tlippy.
Ahh.... I had multiple threads open and got it mixed up with this one,,

I just bought some bar ends for my 700 like Dallant posted a few posts back for his Allant, but I haven't put them on my bike. I think I have some foam grips I can slide over them like I have on my hybrid's bar ends, but I might prefer using some sort of wrap. The bike shop had cut off part of my grips to put the bar ends on my hybrid when I bought it.

Didn't change the handlebars
Can you link the stem that you used, Copying and pasting the description you posted yields me multiple items in amazon. cheers

EDIT
Is it this?

and this..

Last edited:
Back