A good name for an e-bike shop

Hairball

I am in the process of opening a bike shop and bike rental on the Treasure Island beach...

There are tons of bike shops but I want to be specifically e-bikes...
Now that I am old enough to have my stuff together enough to open a business... I am too old to be cool and come up with a catchy name.
... My only name so far is "Electric Avenue Bikes" ... see what I mean?

Any suggestions?
Please help!

Won't people be confused thinking that is your address? Younger people will have trouble seeing the humor there. I took a few small business classes. They always advised nothing cute, just simple and descriptive for a business name. Tons of shops? Scary! Have you shopped for liability insurance yet? That's even scarier!

I think "Electric Avenue" sounds like an address, even though I agree it is a cool name!

I personally like descriptive business names. Read the sign, and you know what it is!!

Island Ebikes & Rentals
Treasure Island Ebikes & Rentals
Beach Ebikes & Rentals
Hairball Ebikes & Rentals (I've gotta say that "Hairball" is somehow cool, though you'll have to get a store cat.)

I like an "electric" theme:

• Resistor E-bikes
  • Transformer E-bikes
  • Inductor E-bikes
Although "MOSFET E-bikes" doesn't have quite the same Je na sais quoi .

Won't people be confused thinking that is your address? Younger people will have trouble seeing the humor there. I took a few small business classes. They always advised nothing cute, just simple and descriptive for a business name. Tons of shops? Scary! Have you shopped for liability insurance yet? That's even scarier!

You are right about the liability insurance... I currently have a business and my insurance went up another $250 this year!

Hairball e-bikes... Hmmm.. seems to have a little edge to it... I have never considered my stage name... I'm going to chew on that one.
... I also have a hair salon called "roots salon" One of my stylists thought my beard and eyebrows were getting a little on the wild side and she said I looked like a hairball... It kind of stuck... which is kind of strange cause I am bald.
I like an "electric" theme:

• Resistor E-bikes
  • Transformer E-bikes
  • Inductor E-bikes
Although "MOSFET E-bikes" doesn't have quite the same Je na sais quoi .

I'm liking the "Resistor E-Bikes"

Thank you all!
I've bounced around a few of the ideas..

One of the things I am trying to avoid is sounding like a beach tourist trap bike shop that the locals will avoid... I avoid all tourist restaurants and beach shops so I don't pay crazy prices for a mediocre product.

Timpo, you are right about keeping it simple and easy to remember.. I prefer a single or double syllable name followed by the description (E-Bikes)
I think the beach can handle a funky title... In fact I think it is expected... can't believe I just used the word funky... Told you I was old.

Yea as some people mentioned, it's better to keep it simple and self explanatory.

I have taken business programs in the university as well, and learned that your business name is crucial and must keep it simple and easy to understand for your customers.

Something like "Treasure Island Beach E-Bike Rental" would be ideal. Easy to understand, will come up on Google search easily, the name explains itself, etc.

So many entrepreneurs try to make it fancy by naming it something like: "Synergy E-Bikes", "Soul & Motion Electric", "Bike to the Future" , etc...
The reality is, as boring as is, an easy to understand business name is the best.
Obviously it's your business so it's up to you..

One of the lines I will be carrying is "Soul bikes" The "Soul & Motion" title could work here!
Thanks!

Hairball e-bikes... Hmmm.. seems to have a little edge to it... I have never considered my stage name... I'm going to chew on that one.
... I also have a hair salon called "roots salon" One of my stylists thought my beard and eyebrows were getting a little on the wild side and she said I looked like a hairball... It kind of stuck... which is kind of strange cause I am bald.

I'm liking the "Resistor E-Bikes"
A bald Hairball! Even more curiosity for the public. I can see the local TV news asking you about that one, in one of those happy lifestyle segments.

A local guy named his woodworking business, Iron Lung Woodwork and Design. Must mean something edgy to him, but I don't want to know what the story is and do not want to call him.

"Lithium Powered" (like my big boy ebike ;))

empulserb.jpg

Back