A good name for an e-bike shop

We got lots of compliments with our obscure name of Blue Monkey Bicycles for the retail shop, but without the benefit of local SEO in our name, we had to fight hard for listings. For good local business I would scoop up a lot of local domains right now, and use one of them for the biz. It's nice to have a silly name sometimes, but looking back I'd rather have chosen a local name for the local shop.

What is "SEO?"
And, I like your videos! Aren't you guys the ones with the ebike range test videos? Very cool!

What is "SEO?"
And, I like your videos! Aren't you guys the ones with the ebike range test videos? Very cool!

Yeah, that is Mikey with a wealth of information on his website. He is very thorough and a big asset to this forum due to his well researched knowledge.

Last edited:
We got lots of compliments with our obscure name of Blue Monkey Bicycles for the retail shop, but without the benefit of local SEO in our name, we had to fight hard for listings. For good local business I would scoop up a lot of local domains right now, and use one of them for the biz. It's nice to have a silly name sometimes, but looking back I'd rather have chosen a local name for the local shop.

That is a very good point on the SEO

Bionic bike ... whaduyathink?
As a biker (MC), cyclist and ebiker I wouldn't know what you're selling. It doesn't entice me to find out either. "Bike" to the general public means bicycle.

Bionic Bike ... I like the high tech image, but the meaning doesn't work for me, since "bionic" means a human who has mechanical/high tech body parts, like a prosthesis integrated so that it is part of the human body, and an ebike isn't a body part.

My faves are still those that have your location in the name. It would be very helpful to me, as a shopper, to see exactly where you were when your name came up on a search, or to have your name pop up because I'm looking for something in your area.

Both are good points...

I would have followed up with "electric bicycle" to finish off the description on the signage of course... The Bionic Bike would be more of the logo and corporate name.

I see the point of bionics being enhancements beyond it's normal ability... not necessarily just human, but i get your point of the history of bionics being considered mostly as human mechanical enhancements.

What’s most important is for customers to find you and understand what the business is. Nonfiction book authors can have a similar struggle – they want a catchy name, what’s most essential is for people to understand what the book is going to be about.

Both are good points...

I would have followed up with "electric bicycle" to finish off the description on the signage of course... The Bionic Bike would be more of the logo and corporate name.

I see the point of bionics being enhancements beyond it's normal ability... not necessarily just human, but i get your point of the history of bionics being considered mostly as human mechanical enhancements.
Crazy Lenny's Ebikes is one of the biggest dealers in the U.S. A name can be fun and clear in mission. I wouldn't include any geographical reference in the name. Lenny moved once in Wisconsin to a better location and opened another shop in Florida. The name and good reputation followed. You might have more than one location or decide a new zip code will offer greater success.

Hey what ya' know that's right, the Mickey Mouse Club! Who would figure that. Brilliant!

Of course, I was named Michael, but being the youngest kid, and working with family from time to time, I've always been called "Mikey". Usually through email (or cold introductions) folks will say "Mickey" but I don't fault them for it.

Thanks for all your support! I really appreciate it. I think I need to lower the production quality of my videos, as so much content and testing exists in my head, or on notes, but finding the time to make it nice and pretty is hard to come by.

Thanks for all your support! I really appreciate it. I think I need to lower the production quality of my videos, as so much content and testing exists in my head, or on notes, but finding the time to make it nice and pretty is hard to come by.
Your videos are a great resource. I don't know how many hours I've spent watching them. Thank you so very much.

Back